• m_parts.jpg
    m_parts.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 585

hypoman

Jul 25, 2008
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Excalibur II
From the way your picture is posted, the one on the bottom, I would just throw that into my barrel that I use for appliance motors. I don't know what the names of these parts are so can't help you there. Can yo break down that white round thing any more?

theirratonalist

Nov 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The part on the top right is called a MAGNETRON! It's is pretty corny name that dates back to the 60's. It is made of a copper core, it has aluminum heat sinks, and couple large plain magnets inside it. People often sell the magnetrons on Ebay. The thing on the bottom is a small motor core, and I believe it is made of mostly lead. The thing on the top left is a small DC motor that runs the rotating tray on the inside of the microwave. You can scrap all of them at motor price near my home. If I break the magnetron apart to the core, I can usually argue it as copper two; but that is only if I spend the time to tear it apart.

Zander

Nov 17, 2010
It was a proper rotation for the parts of the microwave. We must see that it was a bottom that uses to determine the value of all parts. This maybe a good study in a dissecting a microwave because it can apply into a various section in the function of the microwave.

theirratonalist

Nov 9, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just thought I point out that there is a big transformer in every microwave that goes as copper breakage/motor price. It usually makes up 1/3 of the weight of the microwave.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread