Dislike Button

Should we have a dislike button?

• Yes

Votes: 7 29.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 58.3%
  • Maybe, but I feel like this detracts from the reason we are here: TREASURE!

Votes: 3 12.5%

• Total voters

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I feel like we should have a dislike button here. There are some posts that are just plain stupid or give bad advice and it would really be bad to not have a dislike button, The dislikes could count as negative. So if you have 289 likes, and 1 dislike, your likes total would be 288. If you had 5 likes, and 6 dislikes, your likes total would be -1.

Anyone with me? You can select more than one choice.

Last edited:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No

If you don't like, don't Click on Like

Why should members have the ability to attack others ?

Which would be the only reason for an dislike option

IMO if there was a Dislike Option, Moderators should have the option to Ban anyone who dislikes our Members posts.:laughing7:
why would they want to be here anyway if they dislike our Posts :dontknow:
which attacking members is against the rules already

Last edited:
OP
OP
sagittarius98

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I just feel like some posts are not offensive, but just give bad advice. For example, if someone says that covering holes is not necessary while detecting, a new person to detecting may take that advice and leave their holes open. That post doesn't meet the criteria for deletion I think, but is detrimental to metal detecting in that area. I feel like that is not an attack on a person. If someone repeatedly dislikes post to offend others, that can be another criteria for banning.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just feel like some posts are not offensive, but just give bad advice. For example, if someone says that covering holes is not necessary while detecting, a new person to detecting may take that advice and leave their holes open. That post doesn't meet the criteria for deletion I think, but is detrimental to metal detecting in that area. I feel like that is not an attack on a person. If someone repeatedly dislikes post to offend others, that can be another criteria for banning.

if someone says that covering holes is not necessary while detecting, A response
stating your opinion without calling names or making threats would at least get the point across better.

a simple dislike, could mean several things & not get the main point out there.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am also against the dislike icon, I don't care for the thread ratings either.....

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm with Jeff & T_H on this.

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I two do not like the like button, I feel obliged to give outhers, who have given me the like feature, and agree a dislike feature would start wars :sadsmiley:

SS

OP
OP
sagittarius98

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
I understand everyone's reasoning. I won't introduce this again, but keep the poll open just to see how people think.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I understand everyone's reasoning. I won't introduce this again, but keep the poll open just to see how people think.

Poll can stay open, it does not violate any rules I know of....

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread