Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett pinpointer
Lesche 85 and Sampson t-handle 31"
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I'm down in Florida on a family vacation and we stopped at Disney to take my stepson and stayed at the Swan and Dolphin resort. I had 2 hours to hunt so I hit the hotel's beach. I was shocked that I caught no flack from the staff. Here's what I found:

image.jpeg

$4 in clad, a Disney Friendship hat pin, gold plated lizard charm, a gold plated Alex and Ani charm, bathing suit rivets, and a few pull tabs.

im really liking my AT Pro.

So if you're at Disney, don't be scared to swing on the beaches, just watch out for those gators. Thanks for stopping by and digging my digs! Hope everyone is having a great week and finding treasure. :icon_thumright:

Upvote 24

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I am jealllllouuusss.
Seriously...

That is one place I have always wanted to detect.
Only I want to detect under the rides. :)

Trezurehunter

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Illinois / Oklahoma
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 - Fisher CZ 5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I swear that lizard has a striking similarity to Whadifinds "Blingie Lizard". Check out some of his posts. Pretty cool.

Brother Al

Jul 23, 2013
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Three White's, one Fisher and a Minelab.....I'm beginning to wonder if I am a metal detectorist .....or a collector of metal detectors?
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You found Blingie in his stepping out attire!
Great job!

OP
OP
SirWalterRaleigh

SirWalterRaleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol it does look a lot like blingie- haha I know all about his posts and fishy

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm surprised anybody had any cash left...

Nice hunt.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fun hunt at a fun place, congratulations on the goodies!

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's funny I'm the same way I have to get out and hunt you will love the AT PRO easy to learn!!!!

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Hahhahaha! You hunted the resort beach!?! That's awesome! Keep pulling those tabs - I guarantee there's a gold ring in there somewhere.

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol it does look a lot like blingie- haha I know all about his posts and fishy

Ya know, Blingie did mention something about a ne'er do well father who disappeared down south, (flew the coop! ), when he was
a youngin'. Hmmmm I wonder. ;) lol

digger dad

May 6, 2016
Va
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garret AT pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
IM GOING TO DISNEY WORLD !!!!! Lol

srcdco

Dec 11, 2006
Western NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab Nox-800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back in 2001, we stayed at the Caribbean Beach Resort and I brought my metal detector along. Each evening, I would go to one of the seven "beaches" on the lake for a couple of hours. No one bothered me and I found about $40 in change, a number of Disney elongated coins, pins, a sterling silver ring, several room safe keys and a couple of screwdrivers. The keys and screwdrivers I returned to Disney staff. I was only able to cover 2 and half of the seven beaches in the time I was there. It was obvious that no one had ever detected there.

The following summer, I was at a club hunt back in Rochester and one of the members that winters in Florida had invited a couple of guys from Florida to join us. When I told them about my detecting at Disney, they couldn't believe it. They said that they'd been trying for years to get in there and were always told that it wasn't allowed.

Scott

dirtdigginfool

Silver Member
Mar 8, 2014
south central ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
At Pro At Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR...it's one of those "catch22" deals...if you ASK...they have to tell you no..not allowed...however, I've adopted a saying..."act like you own the place, and people will think you own the place"...but in the case of private sites, I DEFINITELY stop, knock and ask...even tho I really suck at it...way to score all the Disney bling !....ddf

OP
OP
SirWalterRaleigh

SirWalterRaleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hahhahaha! You hunted the resort beach!?! That's awesome! Keep pulling those tabs - I guarantee there's a gold ring in there somewhere.

Yeah man, I'm mad now that I didn't get out there the first night we stayed. It was like untouched ground. I dug over 100 targets in that short two hours. I couldn't move the machine without getting a good signal. It was awesome! I guarantee you there's gold there, I could almost smell it.

OP
OP
SirWalterRaleigh

SirWalterRaleigh

Jul 29, 2015
Raleigh, North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
SWR...it's one of those "catch22" deals...if you ASK...they have to tell you no..not allowed...however, I've adopted a saying..."act like you own the place, and people will think you own the place"...but in the case of private sites, I DEFINITELY stop, knock and ask...even tho I really suck at it...way to score all the Disney bling !....ddf

Same here my friend. And thats exactly what I did too. Just walked and hunted with confidence. Sometimes it's better to ask for forgiveness instead of permission at places like Disney.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread