Displaying Old Fort Finds

Ray Scott

Greenie
Oct 22, 2012
Baltimore
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I started finding this stuff at an old fort burn pit 3 years ago and, of course, I brought it home and put it in boxes. I'd clean the stuff, research it, and put it back in the box. It came to me that it would really be fun to show to people, so I decided to turn the artifacts into displayable art.

I bought several shadow box frames from Target, and 1/4 inch foam and fleece from the fabric store. I cut the foam and fabric to fit the frame. I then laid the artifacts out in symetric patterns that appealed to me and glued them down when I thought I had it just right.

The result is 11 really nice panels on my family room wall. My wife likes them and has quit complaining about the boxes of "junk".

My favorite panel is of broken uncleaned artifacts glued randomly on the fleece. People who see it just stare at it for minutes trying to identify the hundreds of pieces.

If you have boxes of "junk" that you just can't bear to get rid of...try turning them into a work of art. Picture1.jpg Picture2.jpg

Upvote 4

tennessee digger

Bronze Member
Sep 14, 2011
Nashville
Detector(s) used
Tesoro and Troy Shadow Fisher Gold Bug Pro Minelab Equinox 600.
Very good idea and good job on your part. I like it. Tennessee digger

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds!

But I just gotta read the subject lines closer. LOL (don't ask :) )

Syrena Hunter

Nov 30, 2004
Palm Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II 1000
Minelab Excalibur-800
Cobra
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great idea and very imaginative! You must have an awesome stash!:icon_thumleft:

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I did something similar with stuff I found at the house of one of Michigan's former governors. I used a normal shadow box and used fishing line to tie everything down (because I would hate to ruin everything with glue). It looks nicer than what is in the picture, and I have a few more boxes ready to go if I get some neat relics
Picture36.jpg

HH
-GC

OP
OP
R

Ray Scott

Greenie
Oct 22, 2012
Baltimore
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I really like the black background and the string idea. Thanks. I hope you all can save the mansion.
Ray

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread