Distinguished Service Award

M

mchamby

After my MD meeting I decided to hit a new shool yard.It's so dry here I only hunted the gravel and wood shaving area. This is what I found.
One brass buckle the size of a nickel
24 pennies? ? ?I nickel
18 dimes? ? ? ? 1 pony tail holder
4 quarters? ? ? 1 rivet
1 stick pin back? 1 orange match box car under 4 inches of dirt it's been there quite a while
A Pin the letter J with a girl sitting on it (the size of a dime). The coins were all clad no silver but it was a day out. On the way home I decided to stop at a local fishing hole for just a few minutes. I was there about 15 minutes because the mosquitos were so bad. I found one dime and a 2 and 3/4 inch metal that I though was a squashed soda can a first. At the top it says The United States Jaycees on the bottom it says Distinguished Service Award.
In the center is what looks like an upside down arrow head , under it is written United States Jaycees and over it is written member. The arrow head has a circle with writing in it that I'm not able to make out. On the back it looks to have old rotten leather or cloth attached to the center by a metal pin. Does anyone here have an idea as to what it might say and what is a Jaycee? ???
Mchamby? ? Sorry I can't do a pic but hopefully I described it well enough so someone will know what I found. :)

Upvote 0
Jaycees is actually Junior Chamber Of Commerce . Local orgs that introduce young people into the business community . Not only doing business but returning to the community by doing good things for the populace and those less fortunate .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back