Distress call!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, i dont know about everybody else but im getting stressed out an depressed over all this crap thats been going on. You cant get away from it either. Its everywhere you look. I cant watch the news, i cant watch sports, yet thats all i want to do...

I dont want this to turn into a discusion on current events. Im sure the mods wont let that happen anyway. But i needed an escape and i keep coming here for it and alas barely anything being posted..

l for one would love to see some gold. Or whatever dirt your digging. I only have one photo thats not already in my journal. This pic is from one of the final steps of cleaning. Usually i dont have to do this but because there was plenty of -200 mesh that the pan will only get so clean.

On the folded paper you can see the black sand very easily. If you kind of toss it in the air and bounce it a little you can blow off the rest of the black.

Post em if ya got em!
20170917_182204.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

davin

May 10, 2011
north idaho
Detector(s) used
whites GMT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe you should go do some prospecting to get your mind off of everything else.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Turn the news off and take a knee, next to a river with a pan in your hand. All your frustrations will go away. Nice bit of gold in the paper.

oneguy

Aug 26, 2015
Montana
Detector(s) used
2 Goldmonsters, SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ohhhhhhh........do I ever understand your pain!!!!!! This is my first season prospecting and even tho I haven't found anything to speak of as the ONLY area in my county is pretty well claimed up (but tonight I FINALLY got some access!!!!).... anyways....here's a pic of my biggest piece of the pie so far. Back to the crap.....Even tho I'll never be able to move much dirt (old, retired, cancer survivor, tired, banged up, bad back, etc., etc.) I have to say that the ONLY time I can forget about the crap is when I'm on the river....no matter how bad I hurt, I forget the crap!!!!!!!!

I'll also take an arthritic knee like Golden Mojo alongside the river....... P8310005.JPG

Last edited:
OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohhhhhhh........do I ever understand your pain!!!!!! This is my first season prospecting and even tho I haven't found anything to speak of as the ONLY area in my county is pretty well claimed up (but tonight I FINALLY got some access!!!!).... anyways....here's a pic of my biggest piece of the pie so far. Back to the crap.....Even tho I'll never be able to move much dirt (old, retired, cancer survivor, tired, banged up, bad back, etc., etc.) I have to say that the ONLY time I can forget about the crap is when I'm on the river....no matter how bad I hurt, I forget the crap!!!!!!!!

I'll also take an arthritic knee like Golden Mojo alongside the river....... View attachment 1498783
Thats a nice picker, and looks that much better on top of lady Liberty!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1506577252.515598.jpg
What I panned out today. Boy this material will keep you humble and focused. The rest of the world fades away with a pan in my hand :)

I'm going to try your paper bounce trick with it tomorrow to get rid of the last of the -100 black sand.

Keeneongold

Aug 11, 2017
S.W Ohio
Detector(s) used
Keene a52 with high/low flow gold hog mats.
11in. fry basket
5 gallon soy sauce buckets
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Turn off the TV, don't open any news sites, turn off any feeds on Facebook.... let everyone else take care of that for 6 months. Let them have it. Get your peace back. Once you have it, start giving it to everyone around you. Life gets better.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My family has two houses on a remote river...no power - no phone. We set all the clocks to 5:00.

Once I crest over the top of the divide into the river canyon, I disconnect from everything else.

Sure helped me during some trying times that were much more serious than what your focusing on.
Don't let a few media CEO's control your life. Turn off - disconnect.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Cheer up! :headbang:

Attachments

• rec-mining15.jpg
    rec-mining15.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 2006week1.jpg
    2006week1.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 70
  • DSC00288.JPG
    DSC00288.JPG
    65.7 KB · Views: 73
  • AK6.jpg
    AK6.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 313
  • AK4.jpg
    AK4.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 321
OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa! Nice gold Terry!

clifdweller

Aug 18, 2017
southwest
Detector(s) used
dowsing rods
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It's interesting how life works.

I've been fishing with some very good fishermen and did everything the way they told me and still never caught a fish--in my life.

Been prospecting with some of the best in places with lots of gold and never found a flake.

I love to prospect. I'd love to find some paydirt but I have too much fun in the "looking" to feel bad about it.

I don't watch tv, read newspapers, or follow the news on the internet. If someone drops a bomb on me knowing in advance won't save me. Any other info I need I'll get somehow.

Relax, do what you need to do and get on with YOUR LIFE and don't worry about what's happening in China--or North Korea.

Thanks, all

arthos

Jun 16, 2017
Suprise, AZ
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Gold Trap; Explorer. Garrett Gold Pans. Minelab X-Terra 705 Gold.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That Paper plate Terry! O.O :notworthy:

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DSCF0401.JPG DSCF0395.JPG DSCF0333.JPG This why I love the river good gold, good friends, great scenery and no cell phone no wife no dogs! just peace and quiet. :icon_thumright:

OP
OP
mytimetoshine

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks awesome NH nugget!!

Gold4Mike

May 10, 2017
Mount Vernon, Washington
Detector(s) used
Angus Mackirk Foreman
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer
Gold Hog Piglet highbanker
Home made slate miller table
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
My wife and I headed into the Slate Creek Mining District in Washington for a little history and a little gold this past weekend. No cell service, no people, no other cars, almost a little spooky, lol. Didn't get as much gold as we would have liked, but beautiful scenery and we did get our biggest flake to date! We will go back. IMG_0764.JPG IMAG2009.jpg IMAG0758.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread