Distress call!

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, i dont know about everybody else but im getting stressed out an depressed over all this crap thats been going on. You cant get away from it either. Its everywhere you look. I cant watch the news, i cant watch sports, yet thats all i want to do...

I dont want this to turn into a discusion on current events. Im sure the mods wont let that happen anyway. But i needed an escape and i keep coming here for it and alas barely anything being posted..

l for one would love to see some gold. Or whatever dirt your digging. I only have one photo thats not already in my journal. This pic is from one of the final steps of cleaning. Usually i dont have to do this but because there was plenty of -200 mesh that the pan will only get so clean.

On the folded paper you can see the black sand very easily. If you kind of toss it in the air and bounce it a little you can blow off the rest of the black.

Post em if ya got em!
20170917_182204.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

brianc053

Jan 27, 2015
Morris County, NJ
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
View attachment 1499004 This why I love the river good gold, good friends, great scenery and no cell phone no wife no dogs! just peace and quiet. :icon_thumright:
Hey, I recognize those guys! (it's me and my son - thanks for posting this picture nh.nugget. It made my day!)

mytimetoshine, here are two more of me and my son. When I need to take my mind off of...well, everything else...I go back to nature with him. Always changes my perspective and my mood.
OaD7dzX.jpg 2XIxUHh.jpg

And for a little change of pace from the gold pics, here's some other cool stuff we found this year:
These sharks teeth were found in central Florida at a spot that's well known for hunting them. You only need a classifier/screen:
G8XgD25.jpg
(Terry I know my paper plate isn't as cool as yours but still...it's cool)

And this thing is the fossilized tooth of either a Sabre Tooth Tiger or a Florida Panther!
KC13NCD.jpg
(sadly the shiny tooth part is mostly broken off - what you see is mostly root - but I'm working on restoring it like they would in a museum).
- Brian

nh.nugget

Sep 3, 2013
e.rochester nh.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
whites, KEENE A52 sluice, 3" dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't resist Brian that was a good day! Nice take in Florida! I like your plate better! :headbang:

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
South Fork Yuba River, Motherlode
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm about ready to git to AZ...from the Motherlode down to the Mother Road...sorry to hear about the blues ya got mytime, I haven't taken too many pics of my gold, just a few of my camp. lemme show ya...

BTW, total of 97 .dwt, just went in and sold an .ozt...so, just a bit under 5 for abouttt 6.5 months...not horrible, not great...

Attachments

• 1506718663037.jpg
    1506718663037.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 70
  • 1506718766445.jpg
    1506718766445.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 1506718783603.jpg
    1506718783603.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

Icewing

Silver Member
Jan 5, 2016
NW Arkanslaw
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 900 / Garrett PropointerAT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It's safe to say you aren't panning sand from Home Depot.
I just wish we had gold deposits here.

Laz7777

Dec 19, 2015
South Fork Yuba River, Motherlode
Detector(s) used
GoldBug II
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
anyhow, mytime....I've said I'm ready to leave, but you've said you've been the south fork before......wwhy don't you get out?
come down to Illinois before tuesday...I think I'll be leaving wednesday and come get you some gold...won't be a lot (I'm responsible for that!), but some flake and flour and you'll be smiling...forget the news, I listen to it on the radio and it doesn't depress me, it p****s me off.
and I like being angry, it's good for the blood...
no naked people though,,,the river is turning cold again, brrrrrrr....

Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Here ya go mytimetoshine -- a nice shiny ball of mercury with a piece of gold sticking out.
Pic was taken with a digital microscope -- gold and mercury were found on a beach in the SF bay area.
Image14.jpg

johnedoe

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Oregon Coast
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT, and White's Eagle Spectrum
Cleangold sluice & prospectors pan, EZ-Gold Pan, and custom cleanup sluice.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey MyTime.... I feel your pain.
Not much happening here on the beach either till we get some good storms out of the southwest.
The beaches are all drifted up.

IMG_0673.JPG IMG_0675.JPG

Just have to wait and these sands will return.....

fullsizeoutput_166.jpeg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread