Disturbing the wood chips he said.

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a park grounds keeper gt bent today. But it all worked out good. He was not the guy in charge. I had my pin pointer working the play equipment at our local tot lot. His buddy made him get back in the truck. So the rest of the morning I'm feeling like a criminal. Well I finally caught one of the 60k dollar trucks they drive all over the park tearing stuff up and it was the boss. The guy was really cool and laughed about it. Not it gets wierd as he make custom bumpers for trucks and I was in need of one. Then I told him I been collecting lead for melting and he also cleans and repairs the city's shooting range. But wait there's more. He leans out his truck and says we are drain the fishing pond End of the month.just wait till after we leave in the evening.....talk about luck. Now for you polar bears that can't get out and detect I'm going to do enough for all of us. Weather is warm if not wet here. Got the waterproof at pro always ready for wet hunts.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow, great story. Karma lives! :headbang::skullflag:

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
what ? You disturbed the wood-chips while digging your md'ing targets ?? How can you be so thoughtless ? Tsk tsk :tongue3:

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice story, thank you for sharing...Good Luck in the pond! :occasion14:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You wood chip disturber!

Congrats on making a great contact.(The boss in this case.) They exist.

Had an offer from a municipal worker to unlock a gate to access more ground where activities took place. Being agreeable can be a two way street sometimes.

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Here's a thought for all of us md'rs : We really shouldn't "mince words". Right ? We really shouldn't be "less than forthcoming" with our intentions and actions. That would be dis-honest, and a black-eye to the hobby.

So going forward, if anyone here asks, at a public place, if they can metal detect, It should be phrased this way (lest they not understand the full implications) :

"Hi. Can I disturb the woodchips ? And alter/deface the vegetation ? And take home park features features for my own enrichment and profit".

C'mon men. Man-up. Be honest about your true intentions ! :icon_thumleft: I am a proud "wood-chip disturber". How about you ?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Here's a thought for all of us md'rs : We really shouldn't "mince words". Right ? We really shouldn't be "less than forthcoming" with our intentions and actions. That would be dis-honest, and a black-eye to the hobby.

So going forward, if anyone here asks, at a public place, if they can metal detect, It should be phrased this way (lest they not understand the full implications) :

"Hi. Can I disturb the woodchips ? And alter/deface the vegetation ? And take home park features features for my own enrichment and profit".

C'mon men. Man-up. Be honest about your true intentions ! :icon_thumleft: I am a proud "wood-chip disturber". How about you ?

You talkin to me?
These wood chips need to be agitated occasionally for drying purposes to avoid fungus spores getting established into colonies.

You don't want kids breathing in fungus spores do you?

If you're bored you can stick around and watch me aerate some soil and keep it from compacting from people like...Well , like you stomping around on it without a care in the world for what you're doing...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread