ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have been running a CZ-21 for a lot of years now. I cannot remember when my first CZ-20 was turned into a CZ-21. I know it was very soon after they made the change over. Last week I go to dive and the machine is dead. Put new batteries in it and still dead. Tried a new battery holder and still dead. Watched my friends Kevin and Ed detect with their machines while I swam and played in the water. Ed let me borrow his machine while he looked at mine. He found the positive wire disconnected. HOW that happened when it wasn't opened between dives is beyond me. After we jerry rigged it to work for 3 dives the new batteries were dead again. Something in it is eating batteries. I need to send it in.

However that stunk and I decided NEVER AGAIN. As soon as I got home I looked on feebay for a new machine. Staring me in the face was a CZ-20 with a 10.5" coil in Indiana for 429.00 buy it now with 10.00 shipping. SOLD! Got it yesterday. Went out for a test dive with it.

Observations. The CZ-20 DOES find smaller things than the 21. I was finding shotgun shell pellets. I was also finding 22 bullets that I usually don't find with the CZ-21. I do think it gets deeper. BUT that is ONLY a possibility as I have only used it once.

I took my Sea Ray out to bullet beach. Most detectorists will not touch it because of all the 30 cal, 45 cal, and some 50 cal bullets EVERYWHERE. Also the bottle tops. Since the bullets fall through the scoop it is a nightmare. While diving I can see them after fanning and pick them up. I know I have found thousands. Since they ring up as coins or gold they are obnoxious.

As soon as I find my finds I will post pictures. I slept on the boat last night. So peaceful on the lake.

My CZ-21 will go in for a repair and a checkup soon. I think I will use it as a backup anyway. I never touch the pinpoint button on either machine so I shouldn't have a problem with the CZ-20.

Well this is frustrating. I left all my trash finds on the boat. I need to show the trash to good stuff ratio so I will post pictures tomorrow. I did get a pair of Ray Ban sunglasses and a 1961 rosey and a sterling religious medal. Also two wheats. One live 30 cal from 1915. 2 quarters, 5 dimes, 2 nickles and 11 houses were my clad finds.

Upvote 4

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry to hear about the problems you're having with your nachine. If it was salt water, I would think, leakage. I have been so lucky with my Excalibur.
Although it has paid for itself, a few times over, nobody needs a break down.
Congrats on your silver finds.

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I owned cz20 and own 3 cz21s now - I find earing backs - 22 heads and shells and have found shotgun shot with all of them
in all metal - so wonder if if how your running it - I crank my sensitivity most spots in salt water I can run them at 9-10
with ground at 5

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
this forum has a water detecting site - don't remember seeing you there - you'll get more replys there on water hunting than here
Beach and Shallow Water

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread