DIY Mini-Sluice contained set up

cwwj123

Feb 15, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hey guys, wanted to share a little project. I bought a 15$ mini sluice with just average matting. This is what I did with the little thing! It's really more of a toy than a serious tool. I classified down to 1/4. This thing doesn't like anything bigger than 1/8 mesh. Little rocks are no good! They kick nice little pickers out. I watched it happen =[ Anyway, the material i ran for the pictures was from all over the country. I bought some 1/4th classified material off of an auction site. I have panned through this 10lbs before but it's the gift that keeps on giving! This thing finds the finer gold better than myself I will say that. Not a bad cleanup sluice. IMG_3763_zps9d847030.jpg IMG_3771_zps2b067ba8.jpg IMG_3768_zps0907b9b3.jpg I've since taken off the weird block thing. I used that to keep the power head from spraying water and material out of the sluice. It's a fun little toy!

Prospector70

Nov 6, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap 48", Keene A51 sluices and a
Number 2 Shovel baby!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
C

cwwj123

Feb 15, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Thanks guys! I've used this little thing about 4 times now. I've ran classified to 100 mesh and 1/4 mesh as a lot of the dirt I have has fine gold mostly rather than flakes. Honestly, 1/4th is good for this sluice even for it's size. As long as the angle is steep enough and the bottom out of water, it tumbles nicely down and I'm not noticing an increase or decrease really in runs comparatively. Furthermore, I collect the cons in a mason jar and run the super black sand cons. For such a small toy it sure holds onto the fine gold that's for sure!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions