DIY... TD Bank Magnet Cleaning

Yagershots

Jun 2, 2011
North East
Not sure if this has been posted before. But here we go... I always ask to clean the magnet at TD Banks while they are changing the bags of my dumps. All the Penny Arcades around here have a metal shoot (pic1) that most people drop their coins in. When they change the bags they remove this shoot / cover from the top so they can pull / slide the counter out. On one side of this metal shoot there is a handle. Pull the handle out and flip over the wedge looking thing. This is where the magnet is. I always ask and I make sure not to do this over the counter because there is a ton of dust, dirt, pebbles and other gunk that falls out too. It is not good to have this stuff fall into the counter. I only dump halves and I also always dump at TD. I have been told by many tellers I know the machine better than they do. Hope this helps someone.

Also be careful. The tread that inspired this post was by detectorinator:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,413280.0.html

Below are some of my magnet finds:

Attachments

• coinjar.jpg
    coinjar.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 556
  • Can_Mix.jpg
    Can_Mix.jpg
    364.7 KB · Views: 415
  • Odd_Mix.jpg
    Odd_Mix.jpg
    279.1 KB · Views: 444
Upvote 0

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are some nice finds, nice on the canadian quarters dimes and $2 coin!!

Here's a tip my td bank told me: to save time(and noise) lift the metal bucket thing you pour your coins down, and just dump directly into the hole. saves SO much time. hope this helps!

hh

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread