DIY- Wireless headphones

likestojump

Greenie
Jan 25, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is just a quick writeup for some Bluetooth headphones I put together for my Cibola, I ordered a Bluetooth Transmitter off of Ebay (28.95$)
HTML:
Bluetooth Transmitter Adapter Dongle MP3 Cell 3 5 Mm | eBay
HTML:

and Bluetooth headphones from ebay (18.50$)
HTML:
Green Sports Stereo Wireless Bluetooth Headset Earphone for Cell Phone iPhone PC | eBay
HTML:

Pairing them took about 5 seconds and I simply attached the transmitter to the battery door on my headunit with some Velcro. I got the head phone adapter from my local Raidoshack, I think it was around 5$. I have used it in my yard and nearby field for about 30-40 minutes and it works great. The headphones have a built in volume control that works great, the battery life for the transmitter is about 10hrs and around 12-14 for the headphones.

IMG_20130325_151452.jpg IMG_20130325_151510.jpg IMG_20130325_151558.jpg IMG_20130325_151617.jpg

Upvote 0

olfacere

Feb 22, 2013
Georgia, US
Detector(s) used
Tesoro MicroMax Silver
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nicely done. I've been thinking of getting a tiny, portable speaker with volume control to attach to the control box on my MicroMax Silver. My main goal is to adapt my detector so that it can be effectively used without attaching another device to my head. As for headphone-oriented solutions, yours is great. That wire can be a real :censored:.

yelnif

Mar 2, 2013
ne okla
Detector(s) used
Tesoro vaquero
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
LTJ, looks good. couple ?--Did you 'velcro' the transmitter to the bat. cover? I know how plastic tabs on covers hold up :laughing9: and was wondering how you think they will hold up on the bat.cvr.? Also, how is the preasure on the ears? Can you still hear what is going on around you? Thinking about rattlesnakes and the like(4+2 legged). I like that type of hphone as it gets hot here- 100*+ ALLLLLLL summer- and those would be cooler than earmuffs( for winter-yes) Thanks for any reply. HH. yelnif...:occasion14:

Oneshot

Oct 20, 2012
West Caldwell New Jersey
Detector(s) used
MINELAB XTERRA 70
WHITES COINMASTER CLASSIC III
GARRETT PRO-POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Can anyone answer the question of RF radiation. Wanting to avoid RF is the only thing hat keeps me from going wireless so far.

Kyboy

Dec 27, 2009
Hardin county KY
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+
Minelab Explorer II
Garret GTAX 550
Sweet setup. Is there and delay or lag in signal to headphone?

frog21

Mar 5, 2013
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Amazon has that bluetooth trnasmitter for $17.99.

snokid

Feb 2, 2013
Troy, MI
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, Garrett GTA350, minelab e-trac, minelab Excalibur II, minelab Excalibur
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I did the same thing, but I used cellphone headphones. They have earbuds but I can use them with my cellphone too... the volume control doesn't work, but they are plenty loud, they really seal out background noise.
large03.jpg
they are lg tone or hbs700

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread