DJ AM Found Dead in New York

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
John Parra, WireImage

Goldstein paired up with rock drummer Travis Barker to form TRVS-DJAM, where the two played off of each other's improvisations. In September 2008, their plane crashed after a South Carolina show, nearly killing them both.

Tiffany Rose, Getty Images

In the crash that killed four other people, Goldstein and AM narrowly escaped, but suffered bad burns across their bodies. "My eyebrows and layers of skin were burned off my face ... My forehead was gouged and my arm had skin hanging off. I was in shock and didn't feel anything," Goldstein told PEOPLE.

Brett Flashnick, AP

A month later, DJ AM triumphantly returned to the stage, playing the role of DJ for rap superstar Jay-Z.

Frank Micelotta, Getty Images

Goldstein was also an avid sneaker collector, which eventually earned him a cameo on HBO's 'Entourage.'

Michael Loccisano, Film Magic

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TMZ is reporting that prescription pill bottles and, according to a law enforcement source, a glass "crack pipe" were also found near Goldstein's body. They report his shirtless body was found at 5PM on Friday afternoon. More Updates From TMZ >>>

Goldstein, who dated celebrities Nicole RIchie and Mandy Moore, was known for his eclectic taste in music and blending all genres into his DJ routines.

DJ AM barely escaped death in a 2008 plane crash involving him and fellow musician Travis Barker. Their plane crashed after aborting takeoff, killing four other people.

Video Tribute: DJ AM in Action

Stars Remember DJ AM on Twitter

Recalling the crash to PEOPLE, Goldstein said that he was asleep in the plane when "the next thing I remember is us crashing into something ... I woke up to Travis screaming and the plane engulfed in flames. I remember thinking it was like 'Miami Vice,' where a car is on fire and you run before the gas tank explodes - we gotta get out of here!"

DJ AM Radio: Hear His Favorite Tracks

Goldstein was badly burned in the crash. "My eyebrows and layers of skin were burned off my face ... My forehead was gouged and my arm had skin hanging off. I was in shock and didn't feel anything," he said.

In a 2008 interview with Glamour magazine, Goldstein spoke about his past battles with drug addiction in the past. He said he would "race downtown and buy crack" after getting money during his early 20s. He was sober for nine years prior to his death.

In the Glamour interview, he also tells of a suicide attempt. "I went into my living room, reached into a cabinet above my TV and grabbed my gun, a loaded .22. I sat back, cocked it and put it into my mouth. I squinted my eyes and said, 'F--k this!' I pulled the trigger. But the gun didn't go off," he said.

He also said that despite almost a decade of sobriety, he knew he could relapse at any time. "I'm 34 now, and it's been nine and a half years since I've had a drink or taken drugs. But every day I have to remind myself that no matter how much time I have behind me, I'm still a drug addict. At any given moment, I'm five seconds away from walking up to someone, grabbing their drink out of their hand and downing it. And if I do that, within a week, tops, I'll be smoking crack. So even though I have this crazy fabulous life, I have to hold on to the ground, gripping the grass with both hands."

In the hours following his death, friends and admirers took to Twitter to remember his talents. See their thoughts here. Spinner reports that rapper Q-Tip dedicated his set in San Francisco to AM on Friday night.

OP
OP
civil war hunter

civil war hunter

Feb 10, 2009
west virginia
Detector(s) used
whites classic 5 id, and bounty hunter.
Because i see dead people.. :'( But it doe's intrest me that so many famous people have died it such little time.. There not even that old! But i believe that someone maybe poisoning the super stars to prove a point about something.. Thing is what,who and why?

mcgearhead said:
This kid's obsessed with the dead for some strange reason. Kinda scary.

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
civil war hunter said:
... But it doe's intrest me that so many famous people have died it such little time.. There not even that old! But i believe that someone maybe poisoning the super stars to prove a point about something.. Thing is what,who and why?
A lot of them are killing themselves with their lifesyles.

Here's a guy that escaped a fatal jet crash and was given a second chance at life, and how did he spend it? On dope...

What a waste!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
civil war hunter said:
i believe that someone maybe poisoning the super stars to prove a point about something.. Thing is what,who and why?

You're a Conspiracy Theorist in training. I bet you will get some followers. That's a good one! :thumbsup:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions