Do all banks or branches have coin sorters?

riverguy

May 23, 2009
Read about the post of the "dream bag". Do all banks or branches have sorters?

How do you find these banks or branches that have these sorters and sort and bag their incoming coins?

Do you just call them and ask them and maybe open an account a week later?

It seems in this economy, you would do better getting the products of their sorters than the boxes from Brinks which is all I get.

Any help will be welcomed. Also does it matter where you live? I live in North Atlanta and most of the banks are just branches of big banks like BA, SunTrust and Wachovia and Wamu.

Should I travel to smaller towns about 50 miles outside of metro Atlanta and hit the smaller locally owned banks?

Upvote 0

Fropa

Feb 27, 2007
SW Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Not all of them do. I've read a bunch of posts here with people saying only one bank in their area had one. Most of the banks around my area have them, but the main Credit Union I use does not. Some will sell you the coins out of the machine at any amount, some only when the bag is full, and some not at all. All you can do is ask and they will tell you if they do or not.

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One branch has about 5 banks within a 5 mile radius of each other. Three of these banks have coin counters. So instead of picking up boxes and dumping them back at the same bank, I opened another account at another bank that I use as my supply. I only ask for halves at my dump bank.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread