Do all treasure hunters have tattoos?

chainsremoved

Jun 16, 2013
Ft Lewis, WA
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
A little late to the party, but I have 11. Movie monsters (Mr Barlow from 'Salems Lot, a Predator, Sheriff Claypool,) mostly, and two dragons. X:III (closest I could get to roman numeral 13 on a digital clock, since I'm a bit of an anachronism.) Star of David, ankh, and a chestpiece from Snow White. Two poems, and Victory Not Vengeance down one arm. :) Next up is an Art Nouveau-style peacock.

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
I'm pretty late to this post also but I'll post anyway. I don't have any but my wife has 4 or 5. I've always wanted one but I don't know what I want. I've been looking for the right one for a long time, I won't just get anything. However, in the 90's I almost got "anything". Back then I ran on 2 wheels, looked a lot different and ran with a different crowd. I was at a tat party (yep, they exist, ask a biker friend) and consuming my fair share of beer (I wasn't into other stuff, still not), was going to get one, started talking to this older biker, he was making fun of all the idiots getting tats, he had tats but was making fun because most of the people getting and giving were drunk (at least..lol). Anyway, he said one of the smartest things I've ever heard about tats, he said "don't get any you"ll want to show your buddies today, get ones you'll want to show your buddies 40 yrs from now". For that reason I don't have one but I've been looking ever since. I have 2 or 3 that might actually happen in the next couple of years but I'll have to wait and see.

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm pretty late to this post also but I'll post anyway. I don't have any but my wife has 4 or 5. I've always wanted one but I don't know what I want. I've been looking for the right one for a long time, I won't just get anything. However, in the 90's I almost got "anything". Back then I ran on 2 wheels, looked a lot different and ran with a different crowd. I was at a tat party (yep, they exist, ask a biker friend) and consuming my fair share of beer (I wasn't into other stuff, still not), was going to get one, started talking to this older biker, he was making fun of all the idiots getting tats, he had tats but was making fun because most of the people getting and giving were drunk (at least..lol). Anyway, he said one of the smartest things I've ever heard about tats, he said "don't get any you"ll want to show your buddies today, get ones you'll want to show your buddies 40 yrs from now". For that reason I don't have one but I've been looking ever since. I have 2 or 3 that might actually happen in the next couple of years but I'll have to wait and see.

I'm still trying to figure out what I want so hard to decide

Tony66

May 28, 2008
Tampa Bay Area Florida
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II
Just keep looking but don't just settle either. It will be something you have forever (in theory anyway). When you find the one you want, sit and think it over and make sure that's the one. That's what I've been doing, I don't want any regrets on my first one.

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just keep looking but don't just settle either. It will be something you have forever (in theory anyway). When you find the one you want, sit and think it over and make sure that's the one. That's what I've been doing, I don't want any regrets on my first one.

Maybe have a silver and gold reales

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Don't have any. Just because I want one I won't regret 30-40 yrs from now. Though I've got one in mind. I've been raising five kids with my wife. Called Big Bear for various reasons, but mainly it's because I love my kids/family. So I'm thinking of doing the hand prints of my kids with my wife and I in the center. My wife would be the mamma bear and I'd be the grizzly bear with the smiling snarl. Still playing with this idea. People who know me, I'm a gentle person, but once riled or kids being attacked I'm vicious. Lol. Any ideas on this. I'd like to get this done sometime before I die. Lol. Been thinking on this for 11 years now.

atomicscott

Bronze Member
Aug 18, 2011
Riverside CA
Detector(s) used
Current: Nokta Makro Simplex+, Teknetics Patriot, Fisher Gold Bug (original), GP Pinpointer (Garrett Clone) Lesche. Owned: Omega 8000, Minelab X-Terra 505, Fisher F2, Tesoro Vaquero, & Compadre, Whit
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope! 47 years old and not one tat! Makes me too easy to identify if Obama's regime decides to attempt a takeover! Lol

Salura

Jun 21, 2013
Micanopy, Fl
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; White's Classic 1 SL with Blue Max 8000 disc, Garrett Pro-pointer; White's Bulls eye II pin pointer;
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have a phoenix on my left bicep. Someday I'm getting a dragon on the right bicep.

Hunter612

Bronze Member
Mar 28, 2013
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 400
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, I'm only 15. I don't plan on getting any either.

GarretDiggingAz

Dec 5, 2012
Mesa, AZ
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATG and thinking about another nugget hunter
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Funny thing is my wife's catholic. The church used to frown upon marking the body. Not sure if still does. I jokingly say to her, I'll be waving to her from the pearly gates.
For some reason she gets upset. It's not like her Mickey Mouse tattoo would send her to hell, but then again, who am I to judge. Lol

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nope.

Plenty of scars though ..............

gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't have any, and don't want any. I paid heed years ago to the old guys with them and man, they all look pretty nasty when you get old and your skin gets loose and wrinkly. It's going to be a sad time when all those little cuties with their "tramp stamps" on their lower backs and rumps hit their fifties and put on weight, gonna be some ugly sights then!!

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im thinking this is gonna b one of those threads that is gonna go on for a looooonnngggggg time HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread