Bronze Member
Jul 26, 2012
Poconos, Nw.NJ & Delaware Valley
Detector(s) used
XP Orx Deus II, 9” coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My son graduated from John carrol
Univ. Cleveland. BA economic degree. Hired right away at local manufacturing co. As office mgr book keeper or controller. There now I think 6 years makes early 6 figures plus bonuses and will soon be getting double digit percentage of profits which are in millions. He is doing great. Do not worry you will do well. Good luck

OP
OP
C

coupon92123

Mar 5, 2021
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son graduated from John carrol
Univ. Cleveland. BA economic degree. Hired right away at local manufacturing co. As office mgr book keeper or controller. There now I think 6 years makes early 6 figures plus bonuses and will soon be getting double digit percentage of profits which are in millions. He is doing great. Do not worry you will do well. Good luck

Congratulations on your son, your son is so good. I thank you for your wishes and hope I will get a good job.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Finance is a little different than an economics major and finance is preferable but a economics degree can still get a good paying entry level job and career opportunities.

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have been a city comptroller, a production plant controller and am currently a business manager at a municipaly water treatment plant. Have also tought college-level economics as an adjunct instructor. My degree is actually Organizational Behavior with an emphasis in economics (B.Sci Degree). But I also picked up a two year AAS in Accounting for the "practical" side of financial work.

Economics isn't a bad field - but as Susan said it's a different animal than finance. Finance is real money and putting it to work; and economics is the theory of why and how money is and the transfer of wealth. Like the difference between brain surgery and psychology. There are also two forms of an economcs degree: B. Arts and B. Science

Grab all the math courses you can and also keep an eye out for municipal jobs in places like city or state Economic Development departments. States still have some of the best pension and health benefit plans. Trust me - in 40 years you will appreciate a true pension. They are rare.

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
After graduation and finding a job, keep going to school and get a Masters Degree; it will speed up more opportunities to find a higher paying job or a better position within the company who hired you.
Don......

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread