Do not pay your tickets with pennies

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
When I saw this story on the news this morning, I could have sworn that I spotted a steel penny on the end of one of the rolls!!
- Grizz

S

seger98

Well good for him, I doubt he'll end up paying in pennies, cuz if they take it, I think it'll be a trend & I'm sure the court doesn't want that!

Mentone Grizz

Jul 27, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
I heard of a case a few years back where a guy owed an old debt that he was getting big pressure to pay, but he didn't feel the assessment was fair. After he had put it off as long as he could, he finally wrote out a check.........on the front of a used interior door. When they came to collect the debt, he dropped the door on the debt collector from a second story window. Besides owing for the debt, he was charged with assault. There's a moral in there somewhere............

billyg5955

Aug 17, 2008
If i were him i would have unrolled all 112 rolls put them into a bucket and took them down to the courthouse ;D now the look on the face of that judge would have been priceless :D :o

HH Bill

HolyDiver

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2008
PA
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
$56 is $56. I can't believe how picky people can be when it comes to money. If i lived in that NJ town, I would give that man a high-five. :thumbsup:

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tried it back in my Teens.

They refused to take it so I walked saying
if you won't take my money I can't Pay.

About a year later They Gave me a ride to Pay it.
Wish I had all the change yet that day,
but they got me on a Pay Day :D

Have seen people Write a check on their Shirt
& Pay Taxes with the "Shirt off their Back"
That works if you have a TV Crew with you.

Not sure if they would take it, if you don't have media along

GMan00001

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2006
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was once asked when buying bags of pennies from a bank I rarely go to what I was using them for and warned that they will not be accepted as a payment for child support or in the case of divorce...apparently someone he had previously sold some bags to tried to use $1000 worth to pay a divorce settlement.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions