boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Couldn't hurt. :icon_scratch: $5 + $2 shipping seems kinda high to me. I'd check Rat Shack or a computer surplus place. I think you'll be able to find the ferrite beads for a buck or two, maybe even free from a surplus or repair shop.

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I know we use to put filters on to keep interference from cb radios off the televisions.
So I can't see why it wouldn't help?

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

GoGoGopher

Jun 24, 2011
Syracuse, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac - 11" Pro, 6" EQ2 coils
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I 100% agree with Terry...Save your cash...In order to create a "RF choke" the coil wire must be "coiled" around the ferrite bead...no coil...No choke...The # of turns around the bead, and other electronic factors govern how well the choke works...I am a General class Amateur Radio operator...I have tried these on coax cable, and it has no effect whatsoever...I found the only things that helped with EMI and RFi was a good ground system, and proper in-line filters...

HH,

snowdogg70

Jun 23, 2011
burlington ontario
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 bounty hunter 2200's garrett at pro 2 garrett pro pointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
well a while back i built a jacob's ladder for halloween . when i turned it on it started changing the radio staions on my radio and the cd was opening and closing and the lights were going funny too, so i went to the local electric supply and bought 2 ferrites and added them to both ends of the electic cord and voila! jacobs ladder runs fine without interfering with other appliances. not sure if it will work around power lines or not but foe just a few bucks i think i might try it next spring

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Razorback now fit these on some of their TDI coils so they must feel they work. They also sell them with instructions that they must be fitted as close to the control box as possible to work.

Maplins in the U.K. sell them in various sizes to fit snuggly on the wire and they sell them around the $3 mark.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions