Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a bit of nonsense.... Just wondering if tones sound the same on all machines to everyone? Take mine...please! A clad coin beep is a very loud sharp, high pitched chirp like beeeep! A pull tab and a nickel both sound the same to me a low rather fuzzy braaap! Clad dimes usually are a beeeep!, but often sound more like a subdued mid-tone beeep! Clad pennies are that low fuzzy braap often followed by a double braap instead of a single braap! Silver coins now they give off a ....well. I've never found a silver coin so I don't know, ditto gold coins! To add to the confusion, metal badges or pins emit that old familiar sharp beeeep because they are trying to fool you into thinking they are clad quarters. But clad quarters souind a little more authoritative like a beeeepaha! Soda and beer cans go beeep like clad quarters but they end similar to the beeepaha except they are saying beeeephaha!Foil, zink pennies and small bits of aluminum go braap much like clad pennies except it's more of a braaapahnuts! Now I hope I have throughly explained what the tones sound like to me and there shouldn't be any more confusion.. Oh, except all metal tones that go uuuuuuunh! and don't beep at all! Clear?

Upvote 0

TOWcritter

Yeah. I'm still trying to figure out all that with my MXT. I haven't had any previous experience with detectors and have taught myself when it comes to hobbies. But I have to admit, this is something I'm going to have to get as much help with as possible. I'm not too proud to admit it either. I read these posts and go out and do what they say and I have seen some improvement in my detecting. I'm in it for the long haul. There are a whole lot of very knowledgable people here that put forth very generous information. Some may take it for granted but not me. So..Thanks everyone. That's the last attaboy you're going to get from me so enjoy it! LOL.

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Yep! Everything metalic beeps out some kind of a tone. To me it is the Quality & duration that make me check the VDI & the icon. That is where a test garden comes in handy. I try to use mine but when I get out in the field, I forget just about everything I have learned & just keep hammering away the old fashioned way. One tone at a time. Everybody has a lot of tips for detecting, but my personal built in microprocessor ( DEAD BRAIN ) doesn't seem to keep them all on file for recall just when I really need them. End result,if you don't dig it up, you'll never be sure of just what you missed. Spotz

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not Exactly Shure What Your Asking. On My Sovereign I'v got a diferent tone For Each Item. On My Explorer They were a little more Easy To Notice seperation of those Tones. But I can tell If I got a Nickle, Can tab with Tongue attached, Ring From Can tab , Just Tounge from can tab, Etc. Most of the Time. there for awhile I even could tell when I hit a Class Ring.There are Exceptions of course.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Does a class ring go braaaaaarahrah? :-\Dang I knew I shoulda' dug that one!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jimmileo said:
Does a class ring go braaaaaarahrah? :-\Dang I knew I shoulda' dug that one!
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?No Jimmie , it Goes BLING ! Bling ! BLING ! Bling !? Indianhead Pennies go braaaaaarahrah ! ;D

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
The tones on my old Classic III sound very similar. Also have a new pair of headphones so they all sound different. I tell myself that since the tones sound alike it forces me to dig more so I'm not missing anything but in fact I'd trade that for a new MXT any day.

OP
OP
Monty

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There you go, now you guys are getting the hang of it! Pulltabs go baaarf!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread