Do you believe in miracles?

nebstater

Jul 24, 2007
Star City
Detector(s) used
White's - DFX,Prizm V, Spectra V3
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Earlier this month, my best friend and hunting partner, passed away. Since he was my son, and had been in bad health for the past six months, I really hadn't been doing much hunting this summer. Hadn't been out since his passing, so thought that maybe a little time to myself would do me some good. Didn't really want to go very far, so went to a park close to the house. I've hunted this area many times, but never found anything really old, with the exception of an old 1892 Indian head penny. Thought that I would go back to an area what I had hunted with my son last summer. We never found anything but a little clad there, so wasn't really thinking I would find much, but at least I would be outside communicating with nature, so to speak. Got to the park, walked back to the area that I wanted to hunt, and started swinging. Went about 20 minutes before I found a penny. Then it got slow again, but I kept going. A penny here, a penny there, and then I found a clad quarter. That made me smile because I thougth that we had found all the big coins. About 8 inches from the quarter, I get a reading at 5 inches, and out pops a 1935 Indian Head Nickel. I was shocked. Another older coin from this location. Eventually, found another penny, but decided to go back and recheck the area near where I found the nickel. About six feet from where I found the nickel, I get this good coin reading at 8 inches. It rang up in the penny / dime range, so I wasn't really expecting much, but after digging it out of the hole, imagine my surprise when out pops a 1876 Sitting Liberty Dime. Besides doing the happy dance, I was talking to my son the whole time, and I know that this was his doing. The dime was also my 2000th coin found this year. The dime is really worn, but as far as I'm concerned, she's one pretty lady. Sorry about the condition of the pictures. Hope all of you had good days out too.

Attachments

• 1935 Indian Head Nickel.jpg
    1935 Indian Head Nickel.jpg
    17.6 KB · Views: 1,090
  • 1876 Sitting Liberty Dime.jpg
    1876 Sitting Liberty Dime.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,084
Upvote 0

wolfdog

Sep 24, 2008
Southeast Iowa
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Compadre
Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That was some great work your son did for you! Keep hunting ,this could only be the start of a great plan he has for you.

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am so sorry to hear that you lost your son. I do believe that those that have passed remain a presence in our lives and that you son knew how to lift your spirits and let you know that he'll always be your hunting partner.

Old River

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2007
Texas, Old River Winfree
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Garrett 2500, Garrett Scorpion Gold Stinger, Garrett AT PRO, Garrett ADS Master hunter, Garret Pro Pointer.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I do believe in meracles. Keep on believing, and talking to your son. He will be listening. Hunt for him.

dakotama95

Feb 26, 2007
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, White's DFX
Sorry to hear about your son. Glad to hear that you went out to detect for a while. It always helps me to feel better. I am sure he will send more nice finds your way. Just get out there and enjoy your hunting grounds that you shared.

bootybay

Gold Member
Aug 9, 2007
NJ
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
EXCAL 2, SOV. GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe in miracles big time, I honestly think your son is going to be with you for a long long time, so watch for signs like today when you went hunting. Listen to those little thoughts that pop in your head, I betcha your son is gonna hunt for many years to come with you, kinda like your guardian angel.. But at the same time, I am truly sorry for the loss of your son.

Ramapirate

Jul 5, 2006
Charlotte
Detector(s) used
Primary detector is a Garrett AT Pro
Also have a Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a couple a good ones he helped you find there. He see them all now, you need to pay
attention to him. I always have a little talk with my brother when I'm doing a business transaction
and he passed away about six years ago. We used to turn business deals together that would amaze
the mere mortals. He was 17 years my senior, but he was only 58 when he passed away. I miss him every day of my life, but I know he's there when I need him.
Now I'm sitting here boo-hooing. I'll shut up now.
Very sweet finds.

Ramapirate

kansas coin hunter

Feb 24, 2008
kansas
Detector(s) used
whites q2 6000 di series 3 6000di pro and whites bulleye pin pointer
yes my dud hunt for your son may he rest peice bro i still hunt for my fiirst wife she died from aads now iam on my trhid one wife that is just keep low slow bro hugs kansas coin hunter :thumbsup:

Dman

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2006
Tennessee
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXPLORER SE
Sorry about the loss of your son. I hope you find peace.
Dman

SoreKneesDayton

Bronze Member
Oct 27, 2007
Dayton, Oh
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6 with Bullseye Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That coin is a winner. May God Bless you and guide you through these tough times. I am deeply sorry for your loss. Your son was your miracle!

SKD

crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sorry to hear about the passing of your son. I couldn't imagine such a loss. I just have one, and he is my only and best friend. My condolenses go out to you and hope you get through these tough times without him. Glad to see that you are getting out and relaxing your thoughts a little.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aww no, Neb. :-\ My heart just sank when I read about your son. I'm so sorry to hear it. Prayers to you and your family for strength to get through this sorrowful time.
Isn't it strange sometimes the things that happen to cause us to look closer at the big picture? I can relate to what TT said.
It does seem that getting out and detecting has a way of releasing worries and stress. Those finds are are special ones and I'm sure you'll treasure them forever. :)

Thinking of you, Nana :)

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two sons and I would be devistated if either of them went before me. A person wasn't meant to outlive their children my wife's grandmother always said. She lived to be 99 and outlived all but one of her children. At any rate, I don't believe in miracles per se, but strange unexplained happenings are a fact of life, so something is behind it. So, if you believe in miracles you may be way ahead of me. I am glad your hunt brought comfort to you and if it did, it is a blessing if not a miracle. Monty

karib2517

Jan 18, 2007
Detector(s) used
Minelab X50 : Another world inches below us.
yes great finds,your son is feeling sorry us here on earth,dont worry he is having a great time. like Bootybay said look out for those signs and that little voice in your head.

maxmoney

Sep 15, 2008
Bloomington Illinois
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gemini-3, Ace 250, Cen-Tech pinpointer
Sorry for the loss. Maby it was his way of telling you to get out and enjoy life today. If it had been the other way around I am sure you would want him to keep going strong (and you would have sent him a sign if you could). Every time you get down take a look at those finds and realize his first concern would be your happiness and well being. Take care of yourself.
God Bless

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry for your loss.... I have lost lots of people the last 10 years of my life. Pets died, Friends died, Grandad died, Uncles Died, Sister Died. Nothing is like losing your own son though. I find it comforting to look at it as a moving forward. They have been selected to go to a place we can only imagine. Its a progression forward. You will know when he is around, and helping you. He moved on for the most part and you should too live your life as usual. Think about your son but don't dwell on him. The worst mistake I have made was to dwell on the loss of my sister. She was my best friend.

Nice finds,
Keep @ it and HH!!

catchdogcross

Sep 27, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Deleon, Tesoro Tiger Shark
I'm, new to the board but couldnt help posting. I'm sorry for your loss, I know your son had his hand in your good day of hunting. I keep hearing the song pennies from heaven... Take care, God bless...
Catchdog

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread