Do you carry a Leatherman and if so - which one?

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found a leatherman micra in a piece of furniture about 8 years ago. It's been on my keychain ever since. I found a leatherman juice s2 on the beach a few months back. That made it's way into my shooting bag.

My multi tool that I carry normally is a SOG powerplier.

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have the blast and the wave,can't get along without them.I use them at work everyday and also carry one while detecting.

ddjames

Aug 30, 2009
Rural Palmyra, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer, Whites V3i, Whites TRX pinpointer, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I carry the Surge. It is a great tool. Don't use it for digging, but handy to have close.

ThTx

Dec 19, 2006
Combine
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Master Hunter CX Plus, Teknetics G2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm hoping for one for Christmas. :laughing9:

beep-beep

Jan 14, 2010
North Carolina , Bertie
Detector(s) used
BH-Quick Silver,Ace 250,BH pinpointer and the DetectorPRO Pistol PROBE
I use Gerber Multi-Pliers all the time. I found one along the road and the rivet was broke. I called and they said send it back. Got a new Multi-Plier® 600 Bluntnose with Tungsten Carbide Inserts and a case.

Lash

Nov 3, 2008
S. California
I've had a Leatherman on my belt since the mid-eighties. I use it throughout the day, every day. A real time-saver.

I'm on my fourth or fifth Wave. They will last forever if you don't abuse them as I do.

I got a Surge, but it's too large and heavy to carry on my belt without suspenders.

NHBandit

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2010
Formerly NH now East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Garrett GtaX1250
Lash said:
I've had a Leatherman on my belt since the mid-eighties. I use it throughout the day, every day. A real time-saver.

I'm on my fourth or fifth Wave. They will last forever if you don't abuse them as I do.

I got a Surge, but it's too large and heavy to carry on my belt without suspenders.
I also have a Leatherman Wave and have carried it daily for several years. Broke the tip off one of the screw drivers once & they rebuilt the whole thing for free including sharpening the blade. I've worn out 4 or 5 cases but those are easy to find. The last case I bought was originally a leather case for a Buck knife, bought at a flea market for 50 cents.

zerojinx

Dec 6, 2010
Republic of Texas
Detector(s) used
working on that
beep-beep said:
I use Gerber Multi-Pliers all the time. I found one along the road and the rivet was broke. I called and they said send it back. Got a new Multi-Plier® 600 Bluntnose with Tungsten Carbide Inserts and a case.

I vowed never to buy one, actually thinking them worthless. Then i found one in a recently abandoned office building. I take it with me whenever i go out on the job now.

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Victorinox Swisstool. Its not American made. :P But i like the way its built, especially the pliers. I never leave home without it...and it never let me alone in several years.
Once i forgot to put it in my luggage on a flight back from detroit to germany. Someone noticed my dilemma at the security check, took it and send it me in the mail! Im so happy that someone never seen me before did this for me. He was also a proud user of a tool like that (Leatherman as he was an American :wink:). So we are all a big family with our tools! :headbang:

luvsdux

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Lewiston, Idaho
Detector(s) used
Multiple Tesoros and Whites
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've found carrying any of the multi tools is well worth the effort. I find myself using one of the screw blades and the pliers often. Which model depends on YOUR particular needs or preferences.
HH
luvsdux

Roland58

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
Tyler, TX
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 standard (last 3 yrs.)
CTX-3030 10-04-13
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Most of the time I carry a Ruger LCR.

OP
OP
Bum Luck

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roland58 said:
Most of the time I carry a Ruger LCR.

The one with the screwdriver?

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
Don't know the model , 4 inches long . It's been with me anytime I have my pants on since the mid
'80's . Would hate to be without it .
Jim

pyledriver

Dec 5, 2007
North Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold, CTX3030, SDC2300, GoFind 60, Whites TM-808, Dip Needle, EYES
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Got a Leatherman in '91, it now rides in the tacklebox. I've had the Gerber for 10yrs and have sent it in several times for rebuild-I abuse it. I also have the Swisstool and love it. The Swiss is bulletproof, the Gerber is fast to use, and the Leatherman has the smallest points on the pliers which comes in handy. It's hard to remember all the things I've fixed with a multitool, but it's been enough that I'd feel underprepared if I left home without one!

Fisher

Sep 24, 2007
West Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
I also carry the Wave and love it. I chose it because you can open the blades with one hand. At the time of purchase it was the only one with that feature.

marinedad

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2009
pisgah forest, n.c.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
minelab e-trac and equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
gerber multitool for me, i have at least 3 or 4 of them in boat, camper, home, and truck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread