Do you ever feel like a charmed CRHer

klava

Mar 13, 2007
Them there hills!
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistidor
Sometimes I feel very charmed as a CRHer and it makes me wish I had alot more time to do the hobby I love. Today I found my first Buffalo in the wild at work. I didnt even have to lug around any heavy rolls lol. I found my first War nickel the first time I ever got nickels from the bank. I had got 5 rolls. I found my first Indian before I had ever searched through even $200 worth. Plus at the same time had a cache of wheats in the same penny jar(251 I think). I found a tarnished silver merc dime in a roll of pennies my first week in the hobby and found a beat up silver rosie a few weeks ago while searching pennies. Ive found rolls and rolls full of coppers. *I know this sounds like a bit of a brag but it really isnt I wish everyone to be as fortunate or more than me*

I know alot of it has to do with where I live. Its a small area with alot of poor people. I know Im one of them. most people cant afford to keep back money and alot of times it gets turned back to the wild. Plus the way the banks work here the same money keep in the area. It really makes up for not being able to go to a bank that has a counter or being able to get large quanities from the banks on a regular basis.

I love this hobby and love the thrill of openeing a roll and even though I dont get to do it as much as I would like I feel charmed. I also feel very fortunate to have my onlines friends(thats you) to help keep me motivated and to see all the wonderful things you find. I hope this thread helps motivate you it does me.

Please share with me your charmed and blessed moments I know you have them. I hope everyone finishes out the year very strong! Thanks everyone for your support and motivation!

-K

Upvote 0
I was dumping halves once and the teller showed off 20 Bens she rescued from the counter hopper the day before. I said very nice, what are you going to do with them? Take them to the coin shop and see what I can get. I said go ahead, a beautiful woman might more offered than an ole dog like ME. But if he won't give you $5 apiece for them I will and I'll be back on Monday. I go back on Monday, she didn't go to the coin shop- so the beauty theory still lingers haha. I hand her $100, and she says what is this for? I told you I'd give you $5 apiece. She says thats too much, I said OK how about $90- she was estatic. Started carrying on about the lady that brung in bags and how she could have saved more but didn't know if they were worth anything. I said is that bag still here? Yes. Can I buy that bag. Yes. Got 60 90%ers and over 100 40%ers.
That would make a great story but it doesn't end there. I posted my find on another forum and got a PM from someone wanting to know if I wanted to trade some of them 90's for gold. He had got a good deal on two $5 gold pieces on ebay and wanted silver instead. so melt for melt we traded, I gave him 75 coins for just under 1/2oz gold. My cost $37.50 + shipping. Here's the gold. HH Mark
DSCN1467_edited.jpg

WOW thats an awesome story Mark. I love silver but man its hard to beat gold lol

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back