SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I absolutely believe in gut feelings. Try all the edges and corners, where any construction, such as sidewalks may have been put in or redone. Once the leaves fall, check under bushes and trees that aren't accessible in warm months. Check the first couple of feet where any grass meets playground equipment. Some thorough searching coupled with gut instinct usually does quite well for me.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Let me tell you a story about a guy that had a gut feeling. This is a true story.
I was at a bar and this guy was trying to sell his motorcycle for $300.00.
His reason for selling was he had a feeling he was going to get killed on it.
The gut feeling was some what true only that he died two weeks later in the back seat of his girl friends car when she went off the road and rolled the car.

I believe in gut feelings and they might have another meaning.
If I were you I'd stay out of that park. roger

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I just looked at your user name. The guy I'm talking about was called crazy lennie.

gerryk

Jan 20, 2013
Orland Park
Detector(s) used
Minelab X Terra 705, Bounty Hunter Pro 505, Garrett Pro pointer, Pro swing 45, TDK WR 700 wireless headphones, leschee digger, green canvas mil surplus messenger bag as finds bag and brown bomb#2 to
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would keep going back. Try to me tall break it down i to small areas that you can rememebr what you did by picking out landmarks. When you go back next time move to a different spot. You can always go back to spots you thoroughly checked and do a quick scan as we know stuff is dropped there daily.

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes , always listen to your "gut" feeling or hunches - There is no doubt that this is another information gathering resource !

OP
OP
z1krazy

z1krazy

Greenie
Jul 31, 2013
Thanks for all the input and tips..! I will be hitting the park hard this weekend .

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
ALWAYS, ALWAYS, ALWAYS listen to your gut feeling. I have learned to many times that ignoring it leads to peril...

Charlie P. (NY)

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2006
South Central Upstate NY in the foothills of the h
Detector(s) used
Minelab Musketeer Advantage Pro w/8" & 10" DD coils/Fisher F75se(Upgraded to LTD2) w/11" DD, 6.5" concentric & 9.5" NEL Sharpshooter DD coils/Sunray FX-1 Probe & F-Point/Black Widows/Rattler headphone
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
In college - for an organizational behavior class - I wrote a paper on how an embryo starts from the same blastocyst and only after it has developed into 100 cells or so do any unique qualities of individual cells develop. So your kidney cells and thyroid cells and brain cells had the same starting point. What we call "gut feelings" may be processing at a level outside conscious thought by nerves not too removed from brain cells throughout the body.

If you have ever tried to "pick" nightcrawlers you know that worms with just a rudementary brain hardly more than a bump in the spinal cord can outsmart you pretty regularly.

I put great credence in "gut feelings". It is just processing at a subconscious level.

Last edited:

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That "gut feeling" is what they call intuition....Always listen to your little voice! You never know where that might lead....HHing!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread