Do you have experience in Cave detecting?

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
finding caves techniques

Assuming that your caves are sealed or hidden there are several ways to find them without detectors. One is to use infrared photography in the winter and investigate the hot spots. Ambient temperature of most sealed caves is 45 to 55 degrees and they will show up like a zit on prom night. If you don't want to go to that much expense wait until a few days after the most recent snowfall and investigate all the bare patches of rock in the tallus heaps. The other two techniques are determined by whether or not the cave is airtight or has air flow and you then dowse them. This is not the proper forum for dowsing posts so I'll skip that. I personally don't know of any detector that will detect a cave unless there is some metal in it. Maybe an expert on proton magnetometers or ground penetrating radar would be able to help on that question. Good luck and best regards, Siegfried Schlagrule

Attachments

• PICT0006.JPG
    PICT0006.JPG
    238.4 KB · Views: 17
  • PICT0007.JPG
    PICT0007.JPG
    243.8 KB · Views: 27
  • PICT0016.JPG
    PICT0016.JPG
    186.8 KB · Views: 21
  • PICT0031.JPG
    PICT0031.JPG
    288.2 KB · Views: 19

Siegfried Schlagrule

Bronze Member
Mar 19, 2003
Indiana
Detector(s) used
All types of BFOs owned. Especially want White's Arrow; White's Oremaster; Exanimo Spartan Little Monster; Garrett contract Little Monster.
Oops you've already found the cave and want to search inside? Use a BFO with the largest available loop. Probably the Garrett Master Hunter would be the newest one you could find and it would be about 30 years old. SS

OP
OP
S

srdraftcad

Hi Siegfried

I got the two box Deep-seek from Garrett in combination with GTI-2500.
The cave I like to explore is one which the entrance was demolished by pirates. Today I got the pic of that cave. If you send me a PM I could send you the pic to analyse it. The story about this caves is about the pirate "Henry Jennings" when knew about the sank of the fleet 1715 in Florida. He and his men sailed to the spaniard's campsite and assaulted them and stealed all treasure recovered by them (spaniards) by salvage and took the treasure toward this island in the Caribbean.

In this island he hid the treasure inside of a chamber of a cave and sent to demolish the entrance. If this story is true, probably the mayority of the rest of the treasure that many treasure hunter seek in the eastern coast of Florida about this fleet 1715 is inside of a cave in the Caribbean

srdraftcad

Attachments

• 0320140959[1].jpg
    0320140959[1].jpg
    584.7 KB · Views: 18

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
check you message box

SRDRAFTCAD check you private message box

Attachments

• goy pix 029.jpg
    goy pix 029.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • goy pix 023.jpg
    goy pix 023.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
  • goy pix 013.jpg
    goy pix 013.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 24
B

Bowman

Siegfried Schlagrule refered to infrared photography to find caves. Where might I find these at. I have not been able to find any yet.

OP
OP
S

srdraftcad

Yes sgtfda, Please refer infrared photography to find caves

srdraftcad

Attachments

• IMG_20140722_190850.jpg
    IMG_20140722_190850.jpg
    781.1 KB · Views: 12

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
you can get infrared pics at terraserver.com.......you can view for free or purchase copies......another way for finding caves is with ground resistivity meter...it works very well for this but will not work in sand......someone on this site has plans for one that can be built cheap,, it may have been darren in nc but i am not positive.....also i think jeff davis has a mll-100 for sale for around $3000.00.......gldhntr

digup16

Tenderfoot
Aug 9, 2005
when i look at an infrared wut signals a cave and the only infrareds i have found are in feb and march r those good enof?

OP
OP
S

srdraftcad

Do you know about the use of "black light" to cave detecting?

sgtfda

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2004
Mesa Arizona
Here is a poto of a GMT. I bought extra extensions for it for reaching under those ledges and into small caves while cache hunting. Works great with the small coil. When your done just remove the extra extensions.

Attachments

• 9detector.jpg
    9detector.jpg
    12.5 KB · Views: 455

Dave45

Dec 31, 2004
The Lone Star State
to find caves that are not sealed wait until the temp is about 35 a heavy mist usually very early in the mourning they will smoke like a chimney,warm air meets cold air heavy humidity= fog

gldhntr

Bronze Member
Dec 6, 2004
if the cave is sealed dowsing rods will locate it if you are a believer, although you may have trouble in an area heavy in ore bodies................gldhntr

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions