DO YOU HAVE THE MIND SET OF A RELIC HUNTER ?

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
Last night while cataloging a Awl that I recovered while hunting with Dave , My wife asked me why I bothered with small

day to day items such as a rusty piece of iron ? I told her that when i look at the item in question , I see in my minds eye the

person that used this tool trying with skilled hands , making garments or leggings and such . I also try to vision what the area

looked liked when it was a Camp or trading site. Odd shaped items of Iron that were modified from pieces of scrap and

reworked into tools are of just as great as finding a fancy trade button, there one of a kind item with the makers personal

touch. With any luck, I will be posting these finds in the Fur Trading Forum as they come out of the field.

The 1st pic is of a trade Awl , The 2ND pic is of a Item that yet needs I.D'ing. INSPECT YOUR IRON BEFORE CHUCKING IT !

Attachments

• Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 159
  • Picture 033.jpg
    Picture 033.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 156
  • Picture 034.jpg
    Picture 034.jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 163
  • Picture 035.jpg
    Picture 035.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 153

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have made several good points in your story. Even some of the finds I have seen listed from this forum I think I would have just tossed without finding out more about the object, or the area it came from. You surely opened my eyes. Thanks :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
Hardy

Hardy

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2006
3RD TENT TO THE RIGHT
Detector(s) used
NAUTILUS DMC 2BA
Primary Interest:
Other
yes it does look like a jews harp/jaw harp , yet I have not cleaned it at where the reed would attach. good call Mac :read2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions