Votes: 0 0.0%
  • with a few friends

• with a club

• Total voters

Bob B.

Oct 27, 2004
New at this don't know of anyone else around here that does it, can't find a club thats close enough without
going a vacation to get to.

Zeke

Oct 26, 2004
Jackson Creek,NC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Depends on where I hunt. Here in the area I go alone, but if its somewhere I'm not sure about, I try to find someone to go with me. Strength in numbers........you never know about people these days.

D

Diane L.

Yep! I can tell you two stories of hunting where I encountered some possibly dangerous people but I think they where just snooping to see what I was doing....I did not stay there,This is what I think!I always tell where your going to be to someone , leave a time factor ..If I your not back at the time have that person call around to see if your at friends before calling Police!.
Don't hunt in woods or any area that Will leave you with no defence or at deer hunting you may be thought of as a deer and you will have on see-Er's for sure..You won't know who it is ...If you have a gage machine use that in areas that are safe ..In other area you better be watching around your self while detecting and do it with a sound machine it's easy to see the people your dealing with that you think are not there. and detect at the same time....Don't fight, give the the detector to the person trying to steal it, that may save your life while your running away. Always lock your car door..just as you would anywhere...and don't just jump in... look to make sure no-ones waiting for you to get in behind the seat...Always watch your back ...In westerns the one walking away always thinks he's not going to loose..WRONG!
Animals can bite and will if you bother them and you don't know it at the time your doing that to them!In pits where a hard hat..that will be just the thing/rock or whatever if your looking for something that killed you doing the search for it..And you won't see it in heaven....!
Ive done this stuff a long time and these things are all true...
Do and water to keep you healthy....If your diabetic or have low sugar problems those things might save your life also! Ask the police for ideas if your going to do some big time way deep woods hunting, They will give you ideas, but also note they will be prepared to know who you are and mention the law aspects of what your doing and you better be truthful also!
I know you probably know all this stuff..If your a paper reader..I am sure you look at all the county court and people problems may make you think about your life and how to be safer!Do It! Don't make assumptions your made of steal and can't be broken!

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Right on Zeke 8)

I used to go solo till i met Bergie here. Now we hunt as a team in new or questionable areas. Hes a great dude and i know hes got my back and vice versa. There is safety in numbers and i suggest you find a partner if you hit the wilds, both the woods and city type.

If our schedules dont hook, we will hunt independently but tend to stick to known, close and safe places in those instances.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
for years I'v hunted alone. it's only the past 4 years, that I'v been meeting more & more Detectorists. now I hunt with others when they are available & by myself when they are not.

Z

zeuss69

most of the time I'm alone but if i can take other dredgers to help dredge or some one to help me its all good. just usually cant find some one when you decide to go they seem to never can .But if i am alone dredging i do let some one know something cause you never know when that bolder might come tumbling down on you or a snake might get ya.I don't have a problem with others finding things i hope all of us that take the time to do this as a hobbies find plenty!! good luck to everyone!Its just cool knowing theres others out there like myself. ;D

N

nutso

I hunt alone most of the time. very seldom meet anyone out in the woods of Upstate NY. If I do and they want my detector, they better have a gun or at least a bigger knife than I do. I don't go in the woods during hunting season.

OP
OP
Leon

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
I thought this post died a long time ago....
I notice that most of the votes are for hunting alone. Although I do hunt alone sometimes I prefer to have atleast one partner along. It's just more relaxing when you don't have to look over your sholder as much...
Which ever way you hunt, Good luck & Happy hunting!

AmericanCoinHunting

Bronze Member
Apr 23, 2005
CHICAGO
Detector(s) used
E-Trac w/Pro Coil,and 6x8" S.E.F,The Relic & Gold hunters DREAM...a Troy X-3 w/3 coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have been hunting alone....This Year I'm going to try T.H. with an acquaintance I recently met.....

B

BEACH DIGGER

I ALWAYS HUNT WITH MY WIFE ,, SHE LOVES TO HUNT AS MUCH AS I DO , MAYBE MORE!!!!! WE HUNT EVERY WEEK-END...

HH BEACH DIGGER

slowdigga

Tenderfoot
Jul 3, 2006
Oregon
Been hunting for 2 years now. Use DFX. Never hunted with anyone before. Live in Tigard Oregon. If anyone would like to go hunting some time shoot me an e-mail.

Slowdigga

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions