S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Food for thought...

Do we count our blessings?

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness...you are more blessed than the million who will not survive this week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture, or the pangs of starvation...you are ahead of 500 million people in the world.

If you can attend a church meeting without fear of harrassment, arrest, torture, or death....you are more blessed that three billion people in the world.

If you have food in the refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof overhead and a place to sleep...you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace...you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

If your parents are still alive and still married...you are very rare, even in the United States.

If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful...you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.

If you can hold someone's hand, hug them or even touch them on the shoulder...you are blessed because you can offer healing touch.

If you can read this message, you just received a double blessing in that someone was thinking of you, and furthermore, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read at all.

Have a good day, count your blessings, and pass this along to remind everyone how blessed we all are.

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TEXAN Connection said:
They got strings tired to that cats feet?
Naw man, she's just a happy cat!

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
diggummup said:
A good reminder cat. Don't sweat the small stuff people.
Thanks D.
I'm glad, many may truly, never know...................too many already do.

RGINN

Gold Member
Oct 16, 2007
Summit County, CO
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's DFX, White's Classic 1 Coinmaster, Nokta Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good post, but I don't believe in luck. Most of those I would ascribe to fate, and the rest to hard work on my part. Maybe God was in charge of the 'fate' part.

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This article and another I read yesterday (about Shin, an escapee), brought to my minds front, again, HOW LUCKY WE ARE!
Many people (not only Americans) through out the world, can never fathom in their minds, the cruelties and injustices man will heap upon man.

North Korea's hidden labor camps exposed - CSMonitor.com

It is important, imho, that those of us who are blessed, never forget our brothers and sisters born into horrible places and situations.
I think this is one of the greatest things an American can do, and that is to give up his life, to attempt to serve and free as many enslaved and imprisoned people, as one can. (and there are MANY types of enslavement).
Thank you to all the Veterans of America, and the world, for taking on that noble job. :notworthy:

If you live in a free country, BE THANKFUL!
If you don't, please do the best you can and know someone, somewhere in the world, is mindful of you. You are not forgotten.
Blessings.

eta: I thought I would leave this link to Shins' story also.
http://www.npr.org/2012/03/29/149061951/escape-from-camp-14-inside-north-koreas-gulag

Last edited:
OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just thought a little reminder could kick in that graciousness factor.
Be happy NOW, one can't be happy in the past, and one can't be happy in the future.
Life does not work in the past or the future, it only works in the moment of NOW.
Blessings, Peace, and Love..........

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
elf-on-guard2-231x300.jpg elf-on-guard2-231x300.jpg

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We are who we are, and luckely we here have a place to go to, and people there to help. very good post, thanks Pat......Gary

tiderider

Oct 10, 2013
I am very thankful , I don't drink anymore just quit cold turkey 4 months now and lost 40lbs , I lost for myself and my family and the love of the hobby , I'm very lucky and blessed

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you know how lucky you are?

Yep!
Every day I awake and breathe, I am amazed at the miracle,
that can make dirt, bleed!

OP
OP
pat-tekker-cat

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ok, Ed T, thanks for sharing that. WOW!

Mene Mene Tekel Upharsin. 4555

That scribe fella with the inkwell REALLY gets around, don't he?
That would probably be a discussion, better left for the Paranormal thread section.

thoth.jpg

I guess we will come to see, what this fella with the inkwell will bring back to us.
Some may call it luck, I'm sure many, will not.
Bless you, Ed T.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread