Do you pay a fee poll

The_EE

Bronze Member
Dec 8, 2011
Constant state of misery
Primary Interest:
Other
No, I dont. I would not either. That would cut into my profits of stacking. I already have a 50% skunk rate. I would average about $360 a year at $6 per box. That is too much.

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Jan 17, 2007
Primary Interest:
Other
I have 2 supply banks. One charges $3 per box and the other charges $4.50 for as many as I want. The $3 boxes produce a lot more than the other bank so I use them the most.
I also have to pay to dump half the time. When the coin counters at Capital One are working, there is no fee. Most of the time they are down or the bin is full and Brinks hasn't brought them an empty one. Wells Fargo charges me 1% to dump. Despite all the fees, I am still pulling enough silver to pay for $4 gas. Cheers, Jim

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There are two different perspectives:

The hobbyist: willing to pay a fee for boxes if required, one who does not sell(or sells minimal finds) in order to cover the payments.

The non-hobbyist: not willing to pay a fee for a box, strictly in this for profit.

I do not pay a fee for my boxes to pick up or return. I have a standing order at one bank for 2 boxes of halves and 2 boxes of dimes per week. No problems whatsoever. :hello2:

onfire

Silver Member
Nov 30, 2004
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
250 2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Asked the head teller at my dump bank If anyone else was dumping I didn't want to tic them off if it was happening to often. Then I asked why they were charging for ordering, she told me that Garda picked up the bags but they are charged for every bag they pick up from their dump site. They get charged for rolling them.They don't charge me cause I deposit them into a check account then write a check at my pick up bank So sometimes it's just not the bank's fault.

Allgentix

Aug 31, 2011
San Francisco, California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No fee and also no coin counters here.......
I've had 1 branch wanting to charge me 5 dollars per bag i deposit. All other branches dont charge me, thank god.
Ordering coins is also free, although it does a get bit difficult sometimes to order coins because they claim "they cant order them"

SilverSharpie

Mar 16, 2012
SoCal
Primary Interest:
Other
Since I live in close proximity to so many banks, I was able to shop around. Some small banks charge $5 to order a box, some larger ones like WF charge $7.50. Chase bank is free to dump, but they want it rolled. California Bank and Trust charges $12.50 a bag to dump. BofA is free to dump and accepts coins in Coin-Lok bags.

Piledriver

May 21, 2011
I CRH in the narrow window of No Fee for Dumping or Ordering.

It's getting narrower by the month.

When it closes entirely, I will be off to new hunting grounds.

Keep on Rollin' !

Stang1968

Dec 14, 2010
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a fee-free CRH existence. Keep it small, keep it spread out, and keep it simple.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread