Do you pay for boxes?

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How many boxes are you getting a week?

Is this a larger bank that handles lots of retail customers accounts??

Wilmingtonsilver

Sep 6, 2012
SE North Carolina
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I find it hard to believe that merchants are willing to pay extra for coinage. I never did when I owned a cash business. If the banks even suggested it, I would have told them that I would be shopping my account around.

GarouLady

Sep 6, 2012
Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I only get a box of pennies a week and haven't had no problem. But I am not a high volume CRH. I plan on depositing the 200 in nickels on thursday and getting another box. We'll see how they act. Hopefully very nicely because I have been with this credit union for over 20 years.

That would stink if banks start culling silver and charging us extra for boxes. But hey, there are always the grocery stores. Most big stores have safes and boxes of coinage. Go to one store, get a box of pennies, another store a box of dimes. Not much but better than giving up the hunt. ::whimpers at the thought:;

Hugs and Smiles,
-Garoulady

MrSchulz

Bronze Member
Mar 29, 2012
DeWitt, Iowa
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Bounty Hunter Tracker IV, Custom Recovery tools, Nupla Prb4t Soil Probe 60 IN,
Primary Interest:
Other
No and I will never pay. If you are a member asking for coins would be the same as asking for large or small bills when cashing a check.

kfs

Jul 18, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have been having some trouble with my bank. They have been giving me some grief over buying pennies by the box (I don't deposit back to them I take them someplace else) and today I asked them what's going on and they said they have to start charging me extra per box of pennies just like their merchant customers. I asked how much and they said they would have to call but I asked for a number so I could call them. I have been with this bank forever and it's close to my house so I don't want to make a fuss. So...do you guys/girls pay extra for a box of pennies and if so how much?
Thanks,
Sonny01

I would politely ask to see in their "Published" fee schedule what the cost to merchants are for filling change orders. Perhaps the branch handle more consumer oriented business and just does not want to deal with the coins. No bank wants to deal with coins it just something they have to do but if they could get ride of it they would.

If they do have a cost for filling orders for merchants you may want to consider getting an account at another bank for CRH. It does not mean your personal bank account has to also change.

ArkieBassMan

Silver Member
Dec 17, 2009
AR
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No and I will never pay. If you are a member asking for coins would be the same as asking for large or small bills when cashing a check.

While I agree with you to a point, banks are under no obligation whatsoever to meet those "demands". If they have plenty of whatever you're requesting on hand, they usually will, but are under no obligation to do so. They do not have to do it your way.

Also, they keep more bills on hand than boxes of coins and therefore can usually meet your demands for certain bills easier than your demands for boxes of coin. For example, the 1 bank in my little hometown usually on has at most 1 box each of nickels, dimes and quarters in the vault. I know this for a fact as I have seen the inside of the "vault" on many occasions (the vault is actually pretty much just a locking file cabinet type thing). So of course, they will not sell me rolls of coins, because if they sell me rolls, they might not have enough left over for their normal business needs. They will though "trade out" with me. I can bring in rolls of searched coins and swap them for their unsearched rolls.

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you have a new dump bank.

They cannot refuse to take any legal tender in circulation without risking their charter.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
naw will never pay a fee. We came to a comprimise. I don't pay a fee as long as I bring my sexy body inside the bank to lower their heating bill.

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
naw will never pay a fee. We came to a comprimise. I don't pay a fee as long as I bring my sexy body inside the bank to lower their heating bill.

I thought you threw rolls at every teller.

Virgil

Sep 25, 2012
Georgia (And that's as specific as it's gonna get!
Detector(s) used
Eyes and hands, mainly. Sometimes I whip out the ol' sniffer...
Primary Interest:
Other
Whenever tellers get on my nerves, I tell them that they're making me angry... and that they won't like me when I'm angry.

So, yeah, the cops know me pretty well at this point...

Novapax

Jan 3, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Senor said:
Looks like you have a new dump bank.

They cannot refuse to take any legal tender in circulation without risking their charter.

One of my primary dump banks tried to charge me 10 cents a roll when I was dumping halves. I was giving them 2 or 4 boxes a week.

They said it was costing them to send them back. So in a since they were refusing. I even rolled them.

apush

Bronze Member
Dec 21, 2009
U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
ACE 250; Lone Star
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No. Never. Locate yourself another bank(s).
apush

Senor

Sep 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
One of my primary dump banks tried to charge me 10 cents a roll when I was dumping halves. I was giving them 2 or 4 boxes a week.

They said it was costing them to send them back. So in a since they were refusing. I even rolled them.

File a complaint with the OCC [link] or the FED [link].

What they are trying to do is the exact same thing as charging you to give you 100 $1 dollar notes for a $100 dollar note or vice versa. They can do that to their high-volume merchant accounts but they have to have published guidelines as previously mentioned by kfs otherwise they are discriminating against you as Eminem always says.

Eminem

Banned
Jul 20, 2012
Motor City
Detector(s) used
Not sure
Primary Interest:
Other
File a complaint with the OCC [link] or the FED [link].

What they are trying to do is the exact same thing as charging you to give you 100 $1 dollar notes for a $100 dollar note or vice versa. They can do that to their high-volume merchant accounts but they have to have published guidelines as previously mentioned by kfs otherwise they are discriminating against you as Eminem always says.

exactly they are discriminating you cause you got more coins than the average person. they are haters! follow my guide if you need help. it's in ma' sig

canaboy123

Sep 22, 2011
N/A
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ckrakowski

May 7, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
do i pay for boxes? no i just walk in the bank go behind the counter go into the vault and take what i want and when i leave the tellers all say see you again soon. J/K :laughing9::laughing9::laughing9::laughing9::laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread