Easy

Banned
Jul 9, 2012
Freakmont
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wilmingtonsilver said:
Haha!!! You used Em's guide as though it were a real guide? hahahahahahahahaha

That guide and the attitude of everyone I see posting is wack. Everyone on here must be a kid because you all are immature. Acting like this will only get you shut down and in the long run you get others shut down l. Do it right or don't do it. Quit be so selfish. CRH isn't about throwing a hissy fit in the middle of the bank when you get denied its all about SUBTLE DIPLOMACY. Smile and ask nicely it will get you farther.

CurlysGold

Sep 23, 2012
East Coast
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Subtle diplomacy is right. I enjoy that part of CRH almost as much as sifting through the coins. Each and every bank employee I come across I want in my corner helping me out.

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I work for a credit union and I can provide some insight. We are charged for the delivery service of the armored car company and a small per box charge (somethng like .50 a box). We bulk order cash and only receive an order 1x per week. In the past we ordered coin for members by request with no charge. Due to repetitive violations of CRH 101 we were forced to enact a new policy to charge 3.00 per box of coin.

What were these violations?

1. Ordering Tons of coin and returning it to us after searched (4-5k at a time)
2. Demanding services from tellers.
3. Bad attitudes
4. Refusal to take ordered boxes of coin because they were "too new"

It also costs money to have the coin picked up with some novice CRH refuses to take 5k in dimes....We are a large financial but we do not have the vault space for 20 boxes of dimes that will never sell because they are "too new".

The purpose of the coin box fee isn't to introduce a new stream of revenue for the credit union. It is actually to deter would be CRH 101 violaters who as we all know rarely use an order bank as their primary financial and cannot grasp the need for a positive relationship with the institution.

Last edited:

Coin Town

Jul 25, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
SilverHoarder07 said:
I work for a credit union and I can provide some insight. We are charged for the delivery service of the armored car company and a small per box charge (somethng like .50 a box). We bulk order cash and only receive an order 1x per week. In the past we ordered coin for members by request with no charge. Due to repetitive violations of CRH 101 we were forced to enact a new policy to charge 3.00 per box of coin.

What were these violations?

1. Ordering Tons of coin and returning it to us after searched (4-5k at a time)
2. Demanding services from tellers.
3. Bad attitudes
4. Refusal to take ordered boxes of coin because they were "too new"

It also costs money to have the coin picked up with some novice CRH refuses to take 5k in dimes....We are a large financial but we do not have the vault space for 20 boxes of dimes that will never sell because they are "too new".

The purpose of the coin box fee isn't to introduce a new stream of revenue for the credit union. It is actually to deter would be CRH 101 violaters who as we all know rarely use an order bank as their primary financial and cannot grasp the need for a positive relationship with the institution.

Well put!

SilverHoarder07

Oct 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well put!

Thank you sir!

In addition, we only charge for orders, we do not charge for what we have on hand...if you come in and ask me for a box or two of pennies, nickels, dimes, etc. and we have em, they are yours free of charge...bad news for the half dollar crowd...we don't keep heavy unused currency which 98% of the public doesn't know exists!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread