Do you report SPAM to T-Net

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We delete them as fast as members report them, keep posting them when you find them...

K

Kentucky Kache

In my experience reports get ignored, so why bother.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All spam reported is taken care of as soon as a mod or admin sees report.

River Rat

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2006
SE Louisiana
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250 & Ace 400
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All spam reported is taken care of as soon as a mod or admin sees report.

We're doing our best to catch the spammers before they activate their membership. We're notified as soon as they log in, so we're able to catch them early, we just can't catch em all...so, if you see any spam PLEASE REPORT!

auferret

Sep 25, 2007
Tennessee
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Sunray DX-1
Falcon MD20
Garrett Seahunter Mark II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In my experience reports get ignored, so why bother.
In my experience, the mods incinerate them within moments of my reports. I report them when I see them just like I pick up trash while I am metal detecting.

DeadElvis

Apr 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've been seeing more and more SPAM posts. Do you report them to T-Net? I do.

I just saw on that says I like the look of your website. It reminds me of 'Online Loans' which was a hypelink to another website which I did not click on.

These are becoming a little annoying.

NJ

DO report them. Depending on site setup, admins, mods, and forum mods are notified via email with a link to the SPAM post.

I'm not TNet staff, but I've ran and supported VB forums for years. No matter the authentication method, Spammers sneak through.

Even the fanciest CAPTCHA scripts (that funky nonsense word in different fonts you had to type when registering) were hacked a year or two ago so bots could get in.

I believe it's been patched, but the alternative is human-response questions when registering (what color is a stop sign?). Those work ok, but there are many human spammers willing to register to get one SPAM post in, especially on popular sites.

The alternative is moderating and approving new site members which has it's own problems. New members have to wait to be approved, and many times by the time that happens they have lost interest, never to return.

In short, always report spam posts please. :)

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
KK, we get lots of reports that are not spam related, many on rules that are broken, some on members user names, some on members some members don't like for what ever reason, if we agree with the report we take action if not, then we take no action...... Every report sent in is seen by all mods and admins....

If someone reports something they think is a problem but mods dont think it is a problem then obviously no action is taken....

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure Hunter, I guess some problems are just stuck in their heads :laughing9:

Yes, spam is annoying, but the good thing is you can also just ignore it like you do with people you don't care to participate in their posts. It's that simple :laughing7:

You have to admit that some of the spam is cleverly disguised and can slip by even the best of our goalies at times :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread