Do you think there may have been a Homestead ?

FortBedfordbob

Dec 25, 2007
Bedford Pa
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, GPX 5000
What a Beautiful time of year to be in the woods. The only trouble is things are growing up so fast because of the warm weather. This place will be pretty much undo able in a week or so. So glad I made a quick trip yesterday afternoon. Of course there was a Homestead there. The place has produced in the past It dates back to the earlier 1800s maybe late 17s by the stuff we found there in the past.
Yesterday was just kind of a Relic day. Got another Axe head for my collection, a broken large knife of some type, Single tree, spoon, pewter spoon piece, A pocket knife with bone sides, butter knife and a Gold Colored Bracelet, no markings.
Just a Great Time of year to be out.
HH,
BB

Attachments

• easter 003.JPG
    easter 003.JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 500
  • easter 005.JPG
    easter 005.JPG
    174.3 KB · Views: 499
  • easter 006.JPG
    easter 006.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 497
  • easter 007.JPG
    easter 007.JPG
    97.9 KB · Views: 497
Upvote 0

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cool finds ..any brick pieces ??? flowers are a telltale sign of a homestead .Good luck

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whoa - cool bracelet and relics, Bob! :)

Did you skunk coin magnet? :laughing9:

DrGrip

Apr 12, 2009
North, Texas
Detector(s) used
White's XLT & Quick Draw II
Homestead is a possibility, but it may have been a barn or some sort of shop as well. The reason I say this is due to the scale weight that is with the other pieces on the stump. Not too many farmers had one of these just laying about.

As for the flowers, they are a GOOD indication of a dwelling a lot of times, but if the building was from a Mennonite or Amish family there is a GOOD possibility that flowers were planted there regardless of the use of the structure. This is not always the case, but when I was researching a few spots in Elkhart, IN many years ago that's what an older Amish gentleman explained to me.

Keep swinging on that site, it looks to have GOOD potential!

Grip

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread