Do you work here?

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm in a local park and near the edge of a tot lot when a couple comes up to me. I see that they're wanting to talk to me so I stop and ask if I can help them with something, they ask me "do you work here?) I asked why would you think that? The response I got made me bust out laughing, the guy said because I have headphones on and using a weed whacker. After I stopped laughing and able to speak I said there days I wish my metal detector had a weed whacker option but no I don't work here. Just how dumb are some people? Yep this the new Garrett super duper quiet weed whacker,the headphones plug into it so only I hear the noise.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Upvote 0

mercury1

Bronze Member
Mar 9, 2012
New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Might have been more fun to see what you could help them with. Just as soon as you finish the weeds.

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
laughing.gif

mr helton

May 20, 2013
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
White's Spectrum XLT
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You should have offered to weed wack their yard lol

Sapper724

May 28, 2013
Northwestern WI
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO (Current)
Minelab Etrac (Current)
Garrett Pro Pointer
Sampson 31" Digger

Fisher F2 (RIP)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would have just went with it for as long as you could have until they realized just how dumb they just sounded... lol

scotty544

Mar 11, 2013
Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 XP Deus Whites V3i
Tesoro Silver Saber
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Lol I have been told more than once that, hey buddy, if your looking for the gas line, or water line, its over here. I always just wave, shake my head and keep on looking. They prob. think I am the slow one! :dontknow:

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is why I try to keep my head down and start moving the other way when I see someone walkin my way.

OP
OP
bzbadger

bzbadger

Bronze Member
Jun 25, 2013
Lower Eastern Shore of Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter QD II, Garrett Ace 150 & 350, Fisher ID Excel, Fisher coinstrike, Fisher Cz6, Fisher Gemini II, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett GTI 1500,Teknetiks omega 8000, Nokta Fors Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This isn't the first time I've been asked this question bit was the first time I asked why do u think that and received such a stupid response. I know the guy had to feel dumb especially in front of his lady. Today we would have been asked that question and would have had to say yes...a septic cleaning service couldn't find a man's septic tank lid after spending an hour or more and the home owner called our club president asking if we could come out and detect the lid..took a few minutes. I'm thinking we should hire ourselves out for this job

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

mikecar007

Aug 19, 2012
Pennsylvania
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Bounty Hunter Ultra Mag Sharp Shooter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too funny on the septic lid! I had to do that twice now, just make sure nobody flushes if its really full, that stunk, literally!

Minrelica

Bronze Member
Mar 24, 2010
Minnesota
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab EQ 800, Minelab SE PRO, Minelab X-Terra Pro & 14 other machines
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
While driving I often do double-takes on people metal detecting but it generally turns out that they're weed whacking

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions