DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dog,
I pm'ed you with an email address to send the pic to. GPS would be appreciated. If something is there you will be well rewarded.
wr

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Some of that cache is more likely from Real TTT mines, on its way to the Great lakes?:dontknow: View attachment 1259937

I grew up on the shore of Lake Michigan.
We can sluice gold out of the sand on a certain stretch of beach on the south shore of Lake Superior.
I have oftened wondered where all the gold that washes up on the beach comes from.
Like there is a load deposit out in the lake somewhere and the gold is flaking off and getting washed to shore.
Maybe a load of Spanish (or more likely French in Canada) gold is out there on the bottom.
wr

BIGSCOTT

Jul 19, 2013
spring texas
Detector(s) used
fisher 1265
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe you cant distinguish the rabbit ears from the train station, but can see the train station from the rabbit ears.

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Does anybody have a guess as to what the part of this map I have circled means?

: MAP QUESTION.jpg

thanks for any info.
wr

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Maybe you cant distinguish the rabbit ears from the train station, but can see the train station from the rabbit ears.

yes, very possible.
I think back then the train stations were a very prominent part of peoples lives.
What is nothing but a pile of rusty tin cans now was a well know landmark in Docs time.
And they could easily drive to each one and I would guess roads went toward the mountains from each station, that are non existent today.
wr

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Also , the " train station " could be a structure which looks like a station in the way of a cart rails . All this very close to the " rabbit ears " .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread