DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Boozerat, NP's lil map of course, combined with the two treasure maps.You will notice the lil map shows the trail going up to, and through the pass then south along the East side to the Caballo The treasure maps show that it goes through the pass then south along the Eastern side also.

. Corrected c.jpg

3NPO map.JPG

Last edited:

adtofca

Banned
Jan 22, 2016
California Sun
Detector(s) used
minelab thingy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi gtate . there is silly things about william white and his claims . I watched youtube video of his and the people replys were all saying he was a liar . i only saw
the other side of the caballos when we lived down there in t=or-c so i don't know much about the east side except the guy in town who told me things .
he wrote a book about the caballos a long time ago . he said he found chato bandit spring and try to dig it and a monster came up out of the spring so i laughed and laughed at him for that . he had a silver digging there . but he knew who william white is and he said to me the guy is a fake . so thats all i know/

adtofca

Banned
Jan 22, 2016
California Sun
Detector(s) used
minelab thingy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I want to say that these rocks in the pictures were not a mission . because they do not have cliche cement on the rocks . these were maybe a wall that was
just stcked up stone with no cement to attach them together . many shepherds whith sheep made small pens for mama sheep to have lambs in . those were called
lambing pens and were just stacked stones to make a wall around the sheep to keep the lambs inside so they did not wander away . we have the old pens on property in New Mexico too up by Nogal where a lot of sheep people used to graze the sheep . stone building always have cliche cement on the rocks even after the building is ruins . so these stones were not a building . it was just a stacked up stone pen for sheep maybe but not a Mission . Missions always were made of adobe and around the door were stone to make the door jam strong but not all stone for building the whole mission because it took a lot of travel to get enough stone and made the building take too long , it is faster back then to use adobe to build a mission . a small stone home or store house yes is easy to do but not a big mission .

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
hi gtate . there is silly things about william white and his claims . I watched youtube video of his and the people replys were all saying he was a liar . i only saw
the other side of the caballos when we lived down there in t=or-c so i don't know much about the east side except the guy in town who told me things .
he wrote a book about the caballos a long time ago . he said he found chato bandit spring and try to dig it and a monster came up out of the spring so i laughed and laughed at him for that . he had a silver digging there . but he knew who william white is and he said to me the guy is a fake . so thats all i know/

Hello adtofca,

The person you are thinking about is Joseph Cummins, and the book he wrote is called "Lure of the Caballos".

Mike

adtofca

Banned
Jan 22, 2016
California Sun
Detector(s) used
minelab thingy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
maybe that is him , i think the man went by initials though, B.C. or J.C. or other combo , long time ago , but he had good story to tell all of the time .

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hello adtofca,

The person you are thinking about is Joseph Cummins, and the book he wrote is called "Lure of the Caballos".

Mike

Hi Mike,
Do you think this book by cummins is worth reading?
I have been trying to find it and have not found a copy yet.
thanks
wr

adtofca

Banned
Jan 22, 2016
California Sun
Detector(s) used
minelab thingy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
just looked up the book about BC , a free pdf is online . use a search engine and type joseph cummins+book+pdf

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

adtofca

Banned
Jan 22, 2016
California Sun
Detector(s) used
minelab thingy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
in the pdf book i scrolled down to the palomas gap chapter and read about the Giant 6 foot Eel in the big pool that lunged at the guy .
ghost and big birds , ufo and big Eels , oh my even a bigfoot has been seen . I think they say this to scare people away . to fun . good book
to read if you like .

adtofca

Banned
Jan 22, 2016
California Sun
Detector(s) used
minelab thingy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the seller is goldseeker77 and he has ripped people off on ebay . I think that seller post on this forum sometimes but
only because that his name goldseeker77 seems familiar . maybe he is another Caballo Mountain Con Man , what do you guys think ?

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Not Peralta, if you want me to go check anything out, Shoot me a PM with GPS coordinates and any other info on the claims in question.

UncleMatt:
Did NP give you any hints as to which spring this might be?
I went out from Rincon a couple months ago to many many springs. There are all over the place.
Nothing yet with a rock cliff above it.
Its still on my radar but would be nice to narrow down the search a bit instead of "the spring by Rincon" of which there are hundreds.
wr

adtofca

Banned
Jan 22, 2016
California Sun
Detector(s) used
minelab thingy
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
whiskey rat

go to the east side of Palomas Gap and look for the Big Spring at the base of the Cliff there . that is what you are looking for .
ask Joe Cummins Lure of Caballo book

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread