DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

sdcfia

Silver Member
Sep 28, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
so, today was exciting. found a very old adit high up in burbank canyon.
was too late in the day to climb, so will go back tomorrow to climb up and hopefully enter the mountain.
i start back for my truck and as i come over a hill, there is a chopper hovering over my truck. appeared black with blacked out windows.
I got to my truck as fast as i could (approx 12 minutes). the chopper went south and hid behind granite peak.

i looked south and could not see the chopper.

started loading my quad, then 2 choppers came around the east side of granite peak (between granite peak and noahs ark) very low (below granite peak) and came directly at me.
I grabbed my 10 x binocs and the choppers where flat army green with blacked out windows and no identification.
they came directly over me very low and slow then proceeded to turn and go back south again around the west side of granite peak out of sight.
could not see anyone inside due to blacked out windows. but absolutely no numbers or id on these craft. nothing.

and the strangest thing: no sound. nothing. and at very close range, like 200 ft altitude max.
the rotors turned very slow and just no sound.

going back tomorrow to go inside the adit.
will have video ready.

wr

Any springs near where you were? They probably thought you were growing pot.

Riverbum

Jul 13, 2011
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Whiskey,
Good to see you back giving us updates. I understood recently that Uncle Sam has a new design rotor for Choppers that do not make half the noise of regular ones. Being your close to White Sands anyway I'm not surprised. They say during the Bin Laden raid that the choppers involved had this technology.... Top Secret.

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That tech has been around since the 1990s. McDonald Douglas has a very quiet no tail rotor helo currently.

Quiet helicopters are not what you have to worry about at WSMR. Predator Drones are used all over the place out there. You won't see them at 10,000 feet, but they can see you! No, they won't shoot a Maverick Missile at you, but they can direct ground MPs to your position.

Mike

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W R,Amigo,:coffee2: There's only one thing they are interested in, and they more than likely already know were it is,and who is in the area,be very careful in everything you do,especially on the net and phone,NP:cat: PS, Starman1 can verify what I am telling you if need be,

Last edited:

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whiskeyrat

Seems you are enjoying the trip . Have you something new to add ?

jbeene65

Oct 20, 2015
odessa,tx
Detector(s) used
fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like he found something! Or someone found him? Either way pics would be good

jbeene65

Oct 20, 2015
odessa,tx
Detector(s) used
fisher goldbug 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
ill be in the caballos this weekend and will post any good pics

whiskeyrat

May 7, 2012
mid Michigan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That tech has been around since the 1990s. McDonald Douglas has a very quiet no tail rotor helo currently.

Quiet helicopters are not what you have to worry about at WSMR. Predator Drones are used all over the place out there. You won't see them at 10,000 feet, but they can see you! No, they won't shoot a Maverick Missile at you, but they can direct ground MPs to your position.

Mike

The MPs should have no jurisdiction in the Caballos. However, if they show up, maybe they can help me carry heavy loads. Hey, over here guys, take this lead bar to my truck ok?

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MPs should have no jurisdiction in the Caballos. However, if they show up, maybe they can help me carry heavy loads. Hey, over here guys, take this lead bar to my truck ok?

Yeah. My mind is not in the Caballos. I am still getting everything together for a trip to the San Andres (not VP). 8-)

Also, with all the terrorism and craziness at the border, I am sure they are looking far outside the WSMR Boundaries.

Mike

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
W R,Amigo,:coffee2: There's only one thing they are interested in, and they more than likely already know were it is,and who is in the area,be very careful in everything you do,especially on the net and phone,NP:cat: PS, Starman1 can verify what I am telling you if need be,

Id like to here more about this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread