DOC NOSS-Victorio Peak OR The Caballo Mountains

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relax marius my friend, I was not finding fault with you,but with the nuance of the English language the wording indicates a previous deal of illegal gold, acceptable in court as a possible confession of an illegal act, since it is in a response to a request for more Gold in the conversation..

Now drink your Elinikos Kafe

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Relax marius my friend, I was not finding fault with you,but with the nuance of the English language the wording indicates a previous deal of illegal gold, acceptable in court as a possible confession of an illegal act, since it is in a response to a request for more Gold in the conversation..

Now drink your Elinikos Kafe

I am relaxed and I want to make a last comment on Noss " game " with the fake gold bar . If the gov wanted to put him in jail anyway and have set up a man to make a deal with Noss , the most simple to do was : The gov man to take the bar without assayed it , to give him the money and go . The transaction was done and the hidden gov agents come to the scene . Arrest Noss and change the fake bar with an original . The gov operation would done successfully .

These type of jokes are not allowed in the real world .

markmar

Silver Member
Oct 17, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NP

I believe Doc Noss never had in possession the Caballo's almacen . I believe the story is like this :

Willie D. find a cave full of gold bars in Caballos .
Noss and his party begin to search for the Willie's cave unsuccsessfully .
Willie is abducted first time and maybe after many hours of pain , and to protect his site , says how he found few gold bars in a crevice somewhere in the Caballos .
After little time , Willie bring out another gold bars for sale , but now he has a partner who helps him to make a lure in the VP .
Noss approach Willie like a friend to " fish " him where is the cave . In the discussions Willie describes how the cave is in ( the same description as Noss to VP ) and how many gold bars are inside . After that , Noss become more maniac to find the cave .
Willie is abducted second time , this one with his partner . To save their lives , Willie give the lure in the VP and his maps , returns to the Caballos site , takes as gold he could carry , covers the site and dissappears .

And now begin the Noss - Vp story .

Last edited:
OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
markmar, I have always said, I believe willie d made the original find, and that if some one wanted to really find the gold, they should focus more on willie d., and not worry about what noss did.
willie d was the man with the treasure, not doc, every thing with doc is controversial , if people are serious about solving this story, as far as trying to recover some thing, their focus would be better spent on Willie D. and the caballo's. PLUS their are other treasures to be had in the same area. this area was just one hot spot along a long trail. np:cat:

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
markmar, for any one thinking about finding treasure at V.P. is just a fantasy, and just a waste of good time, if your only doing research that's good, but if any one is planning on a future hunt at V.P. I wouldn't hold my breath. np:cat:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
mgsrim-b781051989z.120130117171040000glf1c3iqk.2.jpg

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
markmar, for any one thinking about finding treasure at V.P. is just a fantasy, and just a waste of good time, if your only doing research that's good, but if any one is planning on a future hunt at V.P. I wouldn't hold my breath. np:cat:

I wouldn't hold my breath for several reasons;

*The Government won't let anybody in there to hunt.
*Probably nothing left there.
*May not have been anything there to begin with.

That'll do for a start.

Mike

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't hold my breath for several reasons;

*The Government won't let anybody in there to hunt.
*Probably nothing left there.
*May not have been anything there to begin with.

That'll do for a start.

Mike

Mike, hot:coffee2: I was going to say that ,I just got interrupted, I agree 100%, np:cat:

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Doc Noss was a creature of habit, any time he went camping or in the mountains the only thing he would take with him to eat was canned tomatoes and sardines. and the place were he spent the most time was called sardine canyon in the caballos.
when you start climbing up sardine canyon you will encounter a large diameter shipping rope used to climb a cliff side, some one also put a metal cross in a small cave further up the canyon, the cross cannot be removed from the cave because its larger than the opening, Its a lot easier to start from the top of the caballos were the towers are to get on to the old apache trail.np:cat:
Ahh yes, i like this,creatures of habit.Know your prey,and you have a chance.

Jan 16, 2011
By, By Have fun.
Detector(s) used
Time to move on. Good luck everyone .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
markmar, I have always said, I believe willie d made the original find, and that if some one wanted to really find the gold, they should focus more on willie d., and not worry about what noss did.
willie d was the man with the treasure, not doc, every thing with doc is controversial , if people are serious about solving this story, as far as trying to recover some thing, their focus would be better spent on Willie D. and the caballo's. PLUS their are other treasures to be had in the same area. this area was just one hot spot along a long trail. np:cat:
Yea, i like this.

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I was packing some more things away, and I come across something concerning the caballo's, doc was working at a motel in Albuquerque , several people checked in for a room for the night, after talking to them he learned they were on their way to hotsprings to start working for a major drilling company, after a couple of days he was told by some one else that there was a company drilling on the west side of the caballo's, doc took all the money from the hotel and took off for the caballo's as fast as he could. it must have been important were this company was drilling because docs actions left an impression on the people with him. this clue could mean that willies cave may be located were someone could drive a drilling rig to, if that is what doc would have been worried about. just thought I would mention this , it was in some of my notes. maybe some one else has more on this.:cat:

johnmark29020

Oct 8, 2012
oklahoma
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I was packing some more things away, and I come across something concerning the caballo's, doc was working at a motel in Albuquerque , several people checked in for a room for the night, after talking to them he learned they were on their way to hotsprings to start working for a major drilling company, after a couple of days he was told by some one else that there was a company drilling on the west side of the caballo's, doc took all the money from the hotel and took off for the caballo's as fast as he could. it must have been important were this company was drilling because docs actions left an impression on the people with him. this clue could mean that willies cave may be located were someone could drive a drilling rig to, if that is what doc would have been worried about. just thought I would mention this , it was in some of my notes. maybe some one else has more on this.:cat:[/QUOTE
I wonder in there is a official record of the drilling operation.

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Real, Amigo,:coffee2: very good point, but do you think different time, could have different effects,back then there were no modern ways of reaching area's, I don't really know, it might be an important
clue or not for someone, np:cat:

UncleMatt

Bronze Member
Jul 14, 2012
Albuqerque, NM / Durango, CO
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium & Gold Bug II, Bazooka Super Prospector Sluice
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Doc was trying to find all the locations on the map he had. He told Ova he wanted to find all 7 of them. And that is why he wasn't satisfied with anything he might have already found, to him success meant finding it all.

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
johnmark29020, I am sure theres some kind of a record some were, I do not know the name of the company, but it was a big company, and the story for what ever reason was important info, or I
would not have made a note of it. np:cat:

OP
OP
Not Peralta

Not Peralta

Bronze Member
Mar 23, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
UncleMatt, I really don't know,i just know at the time it must have been something good to remember,or I wouldn't have made a note of it. np:cat:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions