cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any one ever heard of a CRHer named Michael Smith? Someone by this name approached my by email to sell his coins. (I have a website that is dedicated to buying old coins) Most of the time it is only $10 or so face value.
But this guy wrote:
I seen your website to purchase junk silver. I have about 60 rolls (1200 coins) of 40% Kennedy silver halves. I also have about 5 rolls of 1964 Kennedy halves
Seems he knows about coins and 40%ers and has quite a bunch of them. I can't think of anyone other than a CRHer that would have that amount. But a CRHer would know the value of these coins. I made an offer last Sunday and have not heard back yet. I did not expect to do the buy because of the quantity.

Upvote 0

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
cyberdan said:
Any one ever heard of a CRHer named Michael Smith? Someone by this name approached my by email to sell his coins. (I have a website that is dedicated to buying old coins) Most of the time it is only $10 or so face value.
But this guy wrote:
I seen your website to purchase junk silver. I have about 60 rolls (1200 coins) of 40% Kennedy silver halves. I also have about 5 rolls of 1964 Kennedy halves
Seems he knows about coins and 40%ers and has quite a bunch of them. I can't think of anyone other than a CRHer that would have that amount. But a CRHer would know the value of these coins. I made an offer last Sunday and have not heard back yet. I did not expect to do the buy because of the quantity.
Hope ya didn't lowball the offer, I have offered 10X face routinely and seldom if ever make a buy. ffd

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
Um my name is Michael Smith, I sent you no such mail though I wish I had that much to sell. Pretty common name but its not this guy. If they do claim to be me please let me know.

Michael

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cherryman68 said:
Pretty common name but its not this guy. If they do claim to be me please let me know. Michael
I asked him if he did CRH but no answer. My name is pretty common also. I once checked into a hotel and there were 3 people with my full name. :icon_thumleft:

I did track down the email address to a town in northern CA to a Michelle Smith but the email was signed Michael.

OP
OP
cyberdan

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fistfulladirt said:
Hope ya didn't lowball the offer, I have offered 10X face routinely and seldom if ever make a buy.
Fistfull, I did offer less than 10X, I would never pay for my daughters college only paying that. I offer enough though that I very rarely get turned down.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have NEVER paid 10x face, and I buy silver coins from craigslist all the time

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread