Does any one use a Fisher Pinpointer??

chrisplay2004

Feb 28, 2008
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2 with 4" & 8" Coil, and F-Point Pinpointer, Whites Eagle II, Bounty Hunter Fortune Hunter, Modified VLF WaterDetector
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
About an inch is normal. I have never used a Garrett but everybody swears by them.

RESET

Sep 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why would you want it to detect from further than that? If it had more range, you would never know where the target was.

detectahead

Silver Member
Dec 1, 2007
Western, N.C.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600, Bandido UMax II, Fisher F5, Tiger Shark, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use a Detector Pro pistol probe. Go to you tube and you can see air test of the different brands and reviews.

paulm777

Sep 5, 2012
Mississippi, Gulf coast
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
RESET said:
Why would you want it to detect from further than that? If it had more range, you would never know where the target was.

If sounds increase in loudness or tone the closer you get to object, even if it was 6" away that would be awesome. Don't think of it as one tone (on or off).

cz70pro

Mar 18, 2011
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Fisher pinpointer is ok for a freebie,one inch is normal. It's good for finding targets after you dig. If you detect alot,and have the money go with the Garrett. After you narrow down the area with your detector,you can use the garrett to pinpoint Before and after you dig. I have used the Whites,harborfreight,Fisher,and automax pinpointers,the Garrett blows them all away.

boss driver

Dec 9, 2012
Detector(s) used
Dues, AT Pro, Tesoro Sand Shark, Excal II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Love my Garrett. Sure makes finds easier and less time digging targets!

Dirtslinger

Apr 6, 2013
Western Illinois
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Delta 4000, Gamma 6000 w/NEL SS, Nokta Impact, Garrett Treasure Ace 300, Minelab Equinox 800, White's Coinmaster 4/DB
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Those are about the numbers I get with my Garrett without the coin hack.

badpenny

Mar 28, 2013
NE PA
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use the Garrett too, it works great and saves a ton of time. I would have missed a ring without it; it was in a clog of dirt and I never saw it. And that's why I check and check before filling the hole back in.

RotZorn

Feb 12, 2013
Munford, TN
Detector(s) used
F5,F2,MPX,1T-Pilot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah about an inch is the most you're gonna get! That is the norm- but it's better than no pin pointer at all I guess.

I have one for now too, but I can tell you the Garrett is the stuff! I plan on getting one but it's pricey though- $127 is the cheapest I've seen them, and that's about half the cost of another decent low end detector (F2 or Ace 250 maybe)!

Ace350

Apr 12, 2012
The Jersey Shore
Detector(s) used
Ace350/ATpro/2Excalibur1000's
Eldorado/Bandito II µMax/Conquistador µMax/
Silver Sabre µMax/ Compadre/ Whites TRX & Garrett Pro-Pointer/ Lesche digger model 75 Stealth 720i & S3i Scoops
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I started out all I had was the Fischer Pinpointer and I thought it worked great. I kept seeing everybody talking about the Garrett ProPointer on the forums. So I saved up my money and bought one. Since I have the Garrett I
Have never used the Fischer for the exception of using it for a loaner for friends that want to go out and try MDing with me.
Once you try the Garrett you will never go back!

N_E_W_D_I_G_G_E_R

Jun 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
fisher f2 double d and standard 8 inch coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i too use the fisher pin pointer and i did the mod trick from you tube and im getting just over 1 inch and for a free item i will not complain but i too am saving up for a garret pointer every one i talk to even the fisher dealer i called to ask questions about my f2 told me to get a garret pro pointer but for a freebie its pretty good

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread