Does anyone CRH in California?

BuffaloBoy

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2011
America
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
too many, you don't even want to know... most are likely in Southern California though. I am assuming you're up north?

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My guess would be in the hundreds of thousands. SF is dry, San Diego is Dry and LA is to big to be dry yet........

There are several members from CA. on this site.

adrielme

Tenderfoot
Apr 25, 2012
Los Angeles
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I just started CRH halves. I live in the suburbs of Los Angeles, in the San Fernando Valley. No luck yet, but I've only been picking up whatever the banks I go to have lying around. About to order my first box of halves. Hope I have as much luck as I keep reading about on the forums.

D0uger

Tenderfoot
Apr 24, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
CRHing in sd/north park area. I know there's a few guys here as well because the tellers I pick up for
Ways ask of I'm bringing the coins back... All the CWR's have been skunks but a box I purchase yielded 4 40's and 1 90. No no, not completely dry.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not sure if serious, i still find silver. Last week found 12 halves in just 1 box.

Consider yourself extremely fortunate. :thumbsup: I believe you could classify that box as "California Dreaming" just ask SFBayArea on this board.

FreedomUIC

Bronze Member
Jan 4, 2010
NUNYA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i know of him. He was amazed that i was still finding silver. No way im telling him about my pick up and dump banks.

Nobody asked you to that I am aware of. I merely pointed out one of a hundred million people that CRH in California that share their results here.

Rascal

Feb 5, 2012
Western Arizona
Detector(s) used
Number 1 Mark II Eyeball
Primary Interest:
Other
I hunt CA but then all I pick up are cents, nickels and dimes, and all I dump are halves.

Seriously.

Rascal

Lyfeguard

Jan 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I hunt the in the SF Valley area and I've been on and off these boards for about 6-7 months now. Things are really starting to dry up right now. I don't know if it's the time of year or increase in CRH'ers but April's numbers are a fraction of all previous months. I have also had some of my regular banks telling me a lot of people are asking for halves now. Two of my dump banks said they can't take halves any more, people are dumping up to $3000 at a time. "Thanks dumba----!!!" Your ruining it for the rest of us!!!!! If anyone reading this hunts the same area I have one request. STOP DEPOSITING HALVES REROLLED IN THE MACHINE RAPPERS!!!!! Some bank tellers are'nt that bright and think they are "mint rolled coins". It's frustrating when your teller says "yes we got $500 in mint rolled coins" only to find out that they are rerolled coins once you have bought them. One other thing, my main pickup bank I havve a great relationship with. The vault teller asked their courier for me "Where does GARDA-Sylmar serve?". Thats the processing facility they work from. She found out that they deliver From Simi Valley, north to Mojave, and south to Long Beach. So keep in mind, any bank serviced by GARDA in the LA area gets their coins from the same place!

sagittarius98

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2012
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
Other
The vault teller asked their courier for me "Where does GARDA-Sylmar serve?". Thats the processing facility they work from. She found out that they deliver From Simi Valley, north to Mojave, and south to Long Beach. So keep in mind, any bank serviced by GARDA in the LA area gets their coins from the same place!

It is interesting they gave you the info, they could have said it was a security violation.

Lyfeguard

Jan 19, 2012
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It was the vault teller that did the asking, not me. She is a collector and we've gotten friendly. She tells me what she pulls from the teller drawers (it kills me!) I just asked her if she knew how far they delivered to. I figured if It wasn't too far I would order from a bank in a different delivery territory. Try to dip into a different pool.

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have tapered down my CRH a lot only because I hit the yardsales on saturday and that was when I hit the banks.

I am from the OC, north OC to be closer. So streetwalker you don't have to worry about me. The valley is a good one hour drive if I am lucky.

Yardsales can be more rewarding than banks.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread