Does anyone else here collect US gold one dollar coins?

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I am attempting to get all of them but it is VERY VERY expensive. Even "common" ones run 300-500 dollars in VF. I already have 3 of them and one is graded MS61 by NGC. If I can get an entire set I may donate it to a mueseum. You never hardly hear of or see the little beauties! I'll try to post pics of the ones I have if anyone is interested. :)

l.cutler

Silver Member
Dec 2, 2006
NEPA
Detector(s) used
Tejon, Cibola, T2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see them. I don't have any but have often thought of getting at least one. A complete set is way beyond me though, even disregarding varieties and just getting date and mint, some are over $5000 in vf.

Diver_Down

Silver Member
Dec 13, 2008
St. Augustine, FL
Would love to see them. I have one but it was holed for use as jewelry. I couldn't even attempt a set. If I ever do attempt a set, it will be a type set of a specific mint such as a Dahlonega Type set or Charlotte Type set. Forget varieties. It would be 3 coins from one mint.

OP
OP
ImpurestStewart

ImpurestStewart

Jun 8, 2011
Laurel, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Other
The NGC one came offa feebay. Valued at 650(at the time I bought it) only payed 475 for it. I will NOT buy uncertified coins from feebay if I am going to sink big money into them. Buying bullion silver and then buying actual collector coins is a HUGEEEE difference! The other two came from estate sales. Noted I am only 22 years old so I think it is obtainable. Here is the link to the one I bought offa feebay.

http://www.ngccoin.com/certlookup/CertResults.aspx?CertNumber=3460749-004

I will post pics of the other 2 today sometime! Speaking of a friend just called me and said he thinks his grandmother has some old coins she wants to sell. Sweet! :icon_thumright:

Marchas45

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2009
A Place In Heaven
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Scorpion.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a great museum you can donate them to here in Maine called Hunter's Museum. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread