Does anyone ever get Dunbar Boxes?

Rich Hartford

Silver Member
Nov 27, 2008
I've gotten Dunbar wrapped dimes in plain boxes,boxes stamped with 4 digits, and CWI date stamps. All had some silver in them, but nothing to brag about.

OP
OP
JJTheisen

JJTheisen

Apr 19, 2009
USAF
Detector(s) used
Garret Ace 250
Rich Hartford said:
I've gotten Dunbar wrapped dimes in plain boxes,boxes stamped with 4 digits, and CWI date stamps. All had some silver in them, but nothing to brag about.

Hey there appreciate it! The reason I ask is because I work at a bank full-time and we deal with Dunbar full-time. My boss is ordering me two boxes of halves a week and letting me dump them down the road at our other branch. I also get access to the change maching bags, which my first one put out about 4 90s and 11 40s. The second put out 45 40's and 9 90s. Its pretty fun when I have free time at work. Thanks for the post.

JJ :coffee2:

coinmojo

Bronze Member
Mar 18, 2008
Michigan
JJTheisen said:
Rich Hartford said:

Hey there appreciate it! The reason I ask is because I work at a bank full-time and we deal with Dunbar full-time. My boss is ordering me two boxes of halves a week and letting me dump them down the road at our other branch. I also get access to the change maching bags, which my first one put out about 4 90s and 11 40s. The second put out 45 40's and 9 90s. Its pretty fun when I have free time at work. Thanks for the post.

JJ :coffee2:

Welcome to the forum.

It's nice to have a bank employee on board.

If You have access to the coin counter, I would search the dime and nickle bags as well.

In my area we have Brinks and Loomis mostly but they all operate the same way pretty much. All the coins they take in are simply run through an automated system and employees are not allowed to cherry pick as far as I understand. It's the only reason that we find any silver in them there boxes.

So for the most part they have to get past the tellers first and than they get shipped out and rerolled for distribution.

So it sounds like you got the "Get past the teller" end covered. and the buck stops there.....or should I say the silver stops there.

Good for you Lucky Dog.

Mojo

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
the only place i have seen dunbar around my area is columbus ga. i have never gotten any from dunbar. keep us posted on your finds. i have dreamed of having a job on the inside with the ability to search for silver......heck i would never go home ;D

Cherryman68

Feb 19, 2009
Henderson Tx
Detector(s) used
Whites IV
I had good luck with penny boxes from dunbar. Got new 2009 and in the circulated boxes got a higher than usual amount of wheats Good luck and keep us posted on your findings.

OmegaMan

Dec 9, 2007
Your going to have some good finds.

If I had a job like yours, going to work would be fun.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread