Does anyone get those Real-Estate calls that are annoying?

Detectingfreak

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2006
Bellevue, WA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Tesoro TigerShark
Hey guys. I just got a Real-Estate call and they were offering me a good price for Real-Estate. I told them that I am currently broke and do not have enough money to support myself on my own. Has anyone else gotten those annoying calls? I am a college student and live with my parents. I am just wondering.

lonesomebob

Jul 14, 2005
Napoleon MI 49201
Detector(s) used
Garrett
Any and all callers that are begging for aanything, get told that I do not give to or support anyone that uses the phone to beg,thank you. Bob

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006
For any real estate, home repair services, mortgage offers, etc. that telemarketers call about and that you have no interest in, just say these two magic words:

"We rent."

No need to be rude, snarky, or evasive. It gets rid of the callers faster than you can hang up the phone. AND, your name gets taken off of future call lists!

Trust me on this, it works. Been using it for 20+ years. Got rid of those annoying Sears calls we were getting several times a week, now nobody calls.... ;D :D

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I like these kinds of calls. I'll spend a good five minutes or more of their time listening to their spiel, asking them all kinds of questions before I tell them I'm broke. Makes my cup of coffe and danish go down SOOOOOO much smoother. :laughing7:

S

Smee

lonesomebob said:
Any and all callers that are begging for aanything, get told that I do not give to or support anyone that uses the phone to beg,thank you. Bob

After listening to their pitch, I usually try to sound excited that I can extend the warranty on my 1987 Ford Ranger that only has 200,000 miles on it!

. . . but that's when they hang up. :(

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
We get all kinds of solicitation calls and one company/fundraising number kept coming up on caller ID. We'd never remember the number to know NOT to answer so I finally wrote the number down and when the next call came in I answered and they asked for my husband, I said he's not available. They asked, is this Mrs. Vibes? I said no, this is his mistress.
Never got a call from them again.

C

Cappy Z.

Jeffro said:
I like these kinds of calls. I'll spend a good five minutes or more of their time listening to their spiel, asking them all kinds of questions before I tell them I'm broke. Makes my cup of coffee and danish go down SOOOOOO much smoother. :laughing7:

Hi, we have a new program for people just like you. Are you aware of the value of your old horse? That's right. We accept almost anything as a down payment. We will do whatever it takes to make the deal. Now, is your horse a mudder? A Palomino? An Indian pony? Or...what the..."he hung up?"

:read2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions