Does anyone have any feedback on the GoFind 60?

JBinSC

Mar 15, 2016
Rock Hill, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I'm new to the forum and looking for an entry level machine that I can explore this new hobby with. I'm attracted to the GoFind 60 as a device that might be compact enough to take on motorcycle trips.

Alternatively, I'd be considering the White TreasureMaster, Eurotek Pro, Land Ranger Pro or F22.

Local exploration would involve a wooded area behind the house with a stream winding through it. That gives me several acres of relative solitude to try and learn techniques.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The GoFind 60 is a "what you see is what you get detector" (WYSISYG). I'd lean towards a detector that had multiple coil options. Out of the others you listed, the Lan Ranger Pro can be ground balanced.

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a GoFind 60 and keep it in the "back seat" of my A5. It rarely gets used, but it serves it's purpose for me-->when I want to stop and detect without having to go home and get a detector. So, it would probably work for motorcycle trips.

As far as a detector, I don't take it on planned hunts. It has worked just fine in parks though and seems to have a depth of at least 6". Most stuff I've ever found has been 6" deep or less. So, the GF60 would have found most of it. The question is whether or not I would have dug them because the GF60 is mostly a beep and dig. Here is a thread I started on it last year http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/minelab/475685-ordered-go-find-60-a.html

Good Luck with whatever you decide.

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

JBinSC

Mar 15, 2016
Rock Hill, SC
Detector(s) used
Fisher F22, Deteknix XPointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the replies. I decided to start with the F22.

It's been 30 years since I last owned a detector and that was an entry level Whites. The tools sure have improved!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread