Does Anyone Have One of These Gadgets For Their 2500?

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500

Attachments

• Treasurehound EagleEye.jpg
    Treasurehound EagleEye.jpg
    14.5 KB · Views: 367

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is lots of different types of cache hunting and not all of it is in the ground. I have never used the two box on a 2500, but have on older Garretts. Naturally it is heavier and definitely will respond to lots deeper targets like fruit jars, metal boxes or 55 gal. oil drums. It will ignore small iron like nails. If you are into cache hunting, this is about the only way to go that we can afford right now.

good luck

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
I have one and haven't had the chance to use it yet, just finishing up some treasure research. I plan on using it in the next few weeks and will give you an update then. If you ever want some company in the Utah desert let me know, it would be fun competing with another 2500 user in the quest for gold. Using the all metal mode in urban areas I have found the 2500 to be incredibly sensitive, and I have been thinking it would be great for gold. Good luck, I will let you know how it goes...Ryan

gallileo60

Apr 30, 2007
Gulf Coast, Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, Bounty Hunter Land Star, Ace 250, Garrett 1350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I had one for my CXII Master Hunter, and I traded it for a sand scoop today.....I never did do any relic hunting, but do look forward tohearing how you do in the future...Tom

OP
OP
Arizona Bob

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
Thanks Ryan. I do like the 2500 as a general purpose detector. I am coming to the realization that I might need a better tool for hunting gold only. If you check my other post, I emailed Garrett concerning optimizing the 2500 for gold only. I haven't had a response from them yet. My suspicion is that they are going to recommend a different detector for only gold hunting. If they do suggest that I get another detector, I will consider the Garrett brand, but I am not "married" to Garrett-- I will look at everything available before I decide. Also, I don't intend to wait forever for Garrett's response. If they choose not to respond to me within a reasonable time, I'll start looking elsewhere. We'll see.

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have that one, used once but as it operates in an all metal mode it's not to great here.
(old sea floor with iron ore)

utah hunter

Jul 30, 2007
Utah county, Utah
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-terra 70, Fisher F75, eyes, brain
I finally got mine setup and tried it out. It is really easy to set up and get hunting. I only tried it minimally because I couldn't find the spot me and my younger brother located 10 years ago. Odds are decent that the spot holds a cache of Spanish bars that are gold and silver. My brother died back in 2001 at the ripe old age of 30 years, so I am the only other one who knows the spot. It is amazing what 10 years will do to the memory. My dad and 2 sons were waiting for me so I didn't look for very long, but I will be back soon when I have more time. The detector is heavy with the coil on it, and next time I will assemble it after I get the spot. I had to hike a mile each way packing the 2500 and coils. Here is a pic of the area

Attachments

• detecting 312.jpg
    detecting 312.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 273
OP
OP
Arizona Bob

Arizona Bob

Apr 3, 2007
CA-AZ-NV-NM
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your brother, Utah.

Thanks for the mini field report!

Hope you get your cache!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread