Does anyone have the "American Military Belt Plates" book?

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I've been trying to get some of my older finds organized. I dug this plate about 10 years ago. It was ID'd back then as:
"Eagle Wreath waistbelt plate is shown as plate #839 on page 500 of the book "American Military Belt Plates"
I do not own this book yet, as I do not dig that many plates.
Do any of you have that book and can post a picture of what it shows and says on that page mentioned?
Thanks for your help,
MM

Attachments

• bp1.jpeg
    bp1.jpeg
    185.8 KB · Views: 12
  • bp2.jpeg
    bp2.jpeg
    179.2 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 2

vpnavy

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 15, 2008
York County, PA (USA)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks VP.
This is what Cannonballguy ID’d it as years ago.
“Actually, it is the Model-1874 style. Your 50mm-by-77mm Eagle Wreath waistbelt plate is shown as plate #839 on page 500 of the book "American Military Belt Plates" -- which identifies it as a circa 1880-to-1910 Cadet buckle, for use at Military Schools. The actual Model-1874 Regulation US Army issue version was always solid-cast brass, whereas yours is thin stamped sheetbrass.”

Even though it’s not CW, I dug it at an 1830’s house that was in the middle of a 2 day battle just outside of Raleigh. They still have bullet holes in their chimney. I talked to a guy that lives in that area, and he told me they used to get buckets full of bullet on that property and some shells were found in the creek behind. I dug bullets and some buttons there too.

Thanks for your help.
MM

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread