Does anyone have Thomas Terrys Treasure Atlas Vol #3?

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library
Re: Does anyone have Thomas Terry's Treasure Atlas Vol #3?

TreasureTales said:
Hey, you're not some mad scientist who needs test animals, are you? I'm starting to rethink this whole offer. :tard:

It will be addicting, 100 percent pure florida sunshine tea, slowly brewed with God's special warmth and brightness for that mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm just right flavor.

Bridge End Farm

Gold Member
Dec 2, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Library

TreasureTales said:
bridgeendfarm said:
It will be addicting, 100 percent pure florida sunshine tea, slowly brewed with God's special warmth and brightness for that mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm just right flavor.
Mmmmm, sounds absolutely intoxicating. You know, of course, that drinking anything from Florida is counter to my native California roots?

can't tell you my secret formula, but I can tell you that 100 percent of it is counter to California.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I hope this helps... I've really got to get to bed now. I have to be up early tomorrow...
And then I'm leaving Thursday to go back home to Florida for Spring Break!!

Bran <><

Attachments

• Florida 1 (Medium).JPG
    Florida 1 (Medium).JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 390
  • Florida 2 (Medium).JPG
    Florida 2 (Medium).JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 404
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
70's Whites TM Amphibian, HH Pulse, Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Godsnum1 you da man. 749A THats it!! 700B also very good tip. One I didnt have. Thanks There you go azza youre first clue. Dont turn away any tip.. I will print it for my files.
Also use TT tips about the library. Dont forget to share. :icon_pirat:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I forgot, I said I would include the version from the Buried Treasure Guide by Eric Norman (1970)...
Enjoy.

Bran <><

Attachments

• Florida 4.JPG
    Florida 4.JPG
    52 KB · Views: 385
OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

godisnum1 said:
I forgot, I said I would include the version from the Buried Treasure Guide by Eric Norman (1970)...
Enjoy.

Bran <><
That one I have, thanks.

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

TreasureTales said:
BCH, 749A is the same dang thing you posted. Had I known you wanted that same thing, I could have provided it to you loooong ago. Men!
I didnt know they were retreating from the battle of Natural Bridge. That gives me a date. March, 1865, the dry season in the Everglades...hmmm.

Hey azza dpthunter left you yet another clue. This time you're on your own buddy. You asked, but often members will give you a clue but will not do all your research for you.

from dpthunter: Check out Flight into Oblivion by A.J. Hanna, it's a pretty decent account of the events that took place at the end of the Civil War.
Don
www.oldcharter.com
http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,141244.0.html

azza

Greenie
Feb 18, 2008

It's great to see more in print, but it does not seem to be accurate. The history of The Battle of Natural Bridge has the Confederate rag-tag troops winning and saving Tallahasse from capture. There does not seem to be any account of a retreat. Has anyone seen otherwise?

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

azza said:
It's great to see more in print, but it does not seem to be accurate. The history of The Battle of Natural Bridge has the Confederate rag-tag troops winning and saving Tallahasse from capture. There does not seem to be any account of a retreat. Has anyone seen otherwise?
I thought about that too. You have to weed out the truth. Its a place to start. They keep saying well documented.

azza

Greenie
Feb 18, 2008

Here's another website's quote on the matter:

"EVERGLADES....KGC .Captain John Riley trying to ship Confederate gold to Havana in the spring of 1865, was chased into the Everglades by Federal troops. Riley buried $500,000 in gold bullion in west central Broward County. A Confederate paymaster fleeing Federal troops buried $200,000 in gold coins in Hendry County and the area is supposedly between Alligator Alley and State Route 41."

KGC Knights of the Golden Circle - that's sort of new.

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

azza said:
Ok, so here's what I read originally:
http://books.google.com/books?id=p4...WODj9_n&sig=KxVxbzZ28i9fGUDhfCVYBdOWAbw&hl=en

It gives you some more clues, like the Captain's name, but still not real verification. Maybe some of you have some literature that might help back up this new info?

You need to start the real in depth research yourself. If you keep yack-yacking about that story, someone is going to do what's necessary and MAYBE find some of that booty. The first step is to verify that that Captain really existed and is not someones character invention. How? Go after roster's of CW units involved in that fight, looking for his name. Also, genealogical records. If that person did not exist, then the treasure could very well NOT exist either. If you are serious about treasure hunting / recovery, you HAVE to do your own research and keep your own counsel. As Treasure Tales has already told you, get KVM's books THM #6 and THM#7. They will give you serious education on treasure hunting. Read them more than once. Each reading will bring more info into your "knowledge banks". If you're not willing to do the necessary hard work of research, then you won't be willing to do the field work. I'm not writing these statements in anger or being uncivil. But, I am feeling a little bit exasperated. I believe Treasure Tales (Maxine :laughing11:) was being polite in trying to get this idea across to you. Finding hidden caches is about 95% research and 5% field work and recovery.

azza

Greenie
Feb 18, 2008

Well, I hope not to have flustered this forum with questions. I don't mind doing the research and I will continue to do so. Thank you for the tutorial and dedication, but I am simply throwing around ideas. If they help someone else, so be it. If throwing around those ideas is not the intention of the forum then I have made a egregious error and I apologize. However, I am inclined to think that my messages, if they fall on deaf ears do no harm, and if they encourage others to find the treasure, then I was too late and slow, but certainly no harm no foul. I get to research when I get to research. I work a lot and the forum is a quick route to ideas.

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

azza said:
Well, I hope not to have flustered this forum with questions. I don't mind doing the research and I will continue to do so. Thank you for the tutorial and dedication, but I am simply throwing around ideas. If they help someone else, so be it. If throwing around those ideas is not the intention of the forum then I have made a egregious error and I apologize. However, I am inclined to think that my messages, if they fall on deaf ears do no harm, and if they encourage others to find the treasure, then I was too late and slow, but certainly no harm no foul. I get to research when I get to research. I work a lot and the forum is a quick route to ideas.

I agree, and I think you have the right idea & motivation Azza!
I think I'm pretty much on the same line. But just hold an air of caution about your research, because there are many people who only care for themselves... and would cause harm at merely the thought of attaining riches without the hard earned effort of personal research behind it. But hey, in your research, you may for certain leads that no one else knows about. That gives you the advantage. :)

Bran <><

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

TreasureTales said:
Anybody seriously interested in hunting for treasure (I'm not talking about coinshooting or nuggetshooting here), should read Marc Austin's personal story. If that doesn't teach everybody to beware who you share information with, nothing will. Do the research, keep it to yourself, and if you find anything truly spectacular - KEEP QUIET about it.

Marc's story: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,28494.0.html

I knew I couldn't trust you, TT!!! :icon_pirat:

Bran <><

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

godisnum1 said:
azza said:

I agree, and I think you have the right idea & motivation Azza!
I think I'm pretty much on the same line. But just hold an air of caution about your research, because there are many people who only care for themselves... and would cause harm at merely the thought of attaining riches without the hard earned effort of personal research behind it. But hey, in your research, you may for certain leads that no one else knows about. That gives you the advantage. :)

Bran <><
I feel the same way. If someone else finds it before me, then so be it. I am sure that there are lurkers. I could delete the entire 3-page "Swamp Gold" post if I choose, but will leave it for now. Someone may read it and decide to share something they know. .One thing I have on my side is the remoteness of the swamp and familiarity with the Everglades. I am also holding back some information. This is necessary. Thanks everyone for the tips. I also did not know where to research, and I think that is what azza is asking. We didnt even know what battle this gold was coming from, and we are still not sure, but was given a clue yesterday. (Battle of Natural Bridge)

neo2868

Jun 25, 2006
Lakeland, Florida
Detector(s) used
Tesero Tiger Shark

I have this particular volume and the stories in there are just general info. It is up to the individual to do in depth research, without research these stories are nothing more than an interesting read.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

here a tip from a real researcher -- I am well known for doing "serious" research -- using known factual valid historic information and I prefer written records whenever possible -- its a well known fact that David Yulee was well known "money" man for the cause of the south --wisely he held no "offical" postion (that way if the south lost he would not get "hung" as a traitor --again very shrewd on his part* he was the man behind the throne type of player --the king maker * the cash guru --- as the war drug on the cattle men of south florida stopped taking confederate" paper" script money fo rtheir cattle they wanted "real money" --silver or gold coinage (thus hedging their bets so long as they had the cash who cares who wins?)---so yulee in exchage for high interest baring promissory notes got foreign backers from abroad to send "real cash" via blockade runners from nassau in the bahamas so they could pay for the cattle --- the blockade runners would bring the cash up into the hillsbourgh river and deliver it to the nearby fort -----then the cattle men gathered their herds and sold them at a fort near tampa to the confederate army "paymaster" after which the florida "cracker cowboys"of the rebel army drove them northward to a rail head to be shipped to the confederate army in the feild up north ---cattle and salt from florida were vital to the souths war effort--- the union army sought to break up this set up and on Oct 16th of 1863 set two union STEAMER vessels the TAHOMA and the ADELIA up the hillsbourgh river to take or destroy the rebel blockade runners a STEAMER named SCOTTISH CHEIF (CHEIFTEN?) and a SLOOP named KATE (KATIE?) DALE--- the union forces caught the confederates with a token force on the vessels and rapidly drove off the crew --however the rebel force quickly rallied and came in mass after the vessels since they could not get away with the vessels the union troops set fire to them and retreated -- the fires were too strog for the rebels to board the vessels and they were both lost --rebel accounts list a sum of money that was onboard the vessels as trading cash to buy supplies from the nassau merchants as being lost (normally the was a strong box of sorts in the capt cabin ) but the union forces only held the vessels for a very short time and thus they did not have the time to "recover" the gold from the capts cabin and the union reports say nothing of money being recoved --- thus the funds (gold /silver cpoins) most likelywent down on the vessels --the common amount kept "on hand" to buy the next trips goods was reportly $50,000 per vessel --the remains of one of these vessel is being worked on as we speak by "the state" folks---
now thats what I call a "tip "-- since the "action" of the union vessels and their action report is trackible note my source *** about the fight is : (Robert W. Neeser's book ---- "Statistical and Chonological History of the United States Navy -1775 - 1907 -Voll II-- published in new york in 1909 by The Macmillian Company publishers)- by knowing what was going on at the nearby fort there via conferate records (the cattle buying and cow herding and the "demand" fpr hard cash and the blockade runners bringing it in) and the account of the battle via union records one learns important clues especially if knows who the "players" of the day were and what roles they played --ithat is the heart of good research*

Psst later on the cattle fort was attacked directly by union troops --the forts confederate "paymaster" fearing the fort would fall fled with the "cashon hard" --(gold/silver) and took it into the nearby swamps and hid it -- very shortly afterwards he was caught (he was more of a bookkeeper type than a "hardcore" soldier type it seems) the yankees "sweated" him asking where he put the "money" --- he took them in the swamp and they looked but "no cash" was found ---mainly because the swamp all looked alike to the "paymaster" ***** later when he was released after the war was over he went after it ---reportly he looked for quite sometime after the war and died broke having never having found it again.

Ivan

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too

well since that state of florida "archies" are currently working in the area on these two nothing is being llost by me revealing my facts that my study has turned up on this one TT --- the really good stuff to get me to talk about requires a written thing called a "contract"---I have info --much much more info on both land and water sites that I 'm NOT going to just give away -- my high quality research is highly valuible and yes I want to get PAID a decent cut of the finds for my info. -- cuz brains = bucks --- Ivan

OP
OP
Bigcypresshunter

Bigcypresshunter

Gold Member
Dec 15, 2004
South Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:

TreasureTales said:
ivan salis said:
.-- one needs to learn ones history and know who the players were and what roles they played to do good research
Ivan

Or, one need only post a request for help and information and some kind soul such as yourself will provide the answers for him. :wink:
LOL

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread