Does anyone know about any pirate shipwrecks around Georgia?

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Pitt,
Don't know of any specific wrecks, but many Pirates sailed the coastal waters of SC and GA. Blackbeard comes to mind and even Capt. Kidd came through the area before heading back to NY. I have heard stories of burried pirate treasure and I am currently working on a very specific one. I have a very interesting map on Scrimshaw tusk from the early 1700's. As I know more or if I find something, you guys will be the first to know!

Where did your Father find the Dubloon? In the water or on land? What general area or town?

I live over in Beaufort, SC and am currently working some wreck sites offshore. There are several intersting wrecks down around Tybee Island (possibly a Spanish Galleon).

Good Luck,

Robert in SC

cptbil

Bronze Member
Mar 27, 2003
Az/NM/Ca/Nv/Tx
Pitt:
Yes!
I have been researching two such wrecks off the GA Coast.
There are both Spanish and Pirate wrecks off the coast!
I may beable to have time to finish my research some time next ??? year ?? ::)
Depending how my/this present trip ('05-'06) turns out

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yrs ago i used to live in savannah ga,back in the day there were alot of pirates in the area,if you ever get a chance go to the pirates house for dinner,theres some history to that old place.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions