Does anyone know any "metal detecting" gossip?

dld

Apr 21, 2010
NE Fla
Detector(s) used
ace 250, BHID, Explorer SE Pro, Omega 8000
Re: Does anyone know any "metal detecting" gossip?

I heard there was this Lady in NW Oklahoma that metal detects and, I better not tell :tongue3:

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Do tell.....cmon....she's not a lady either...I'm not that old yet..ugh

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Gateway to the 1000 Islands
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other

In about '99 I had a co-worker tell me his uncle found a gold coin while tectin an old train station somewhere in central NY. In 2004, a different co-worker told me that he himself actually found a quarter eagle, tectin the grass next to a concrete abutment, at an old train station site in an obscure Adirondack town, when he was just a young kid, maybe 16 or so. He sold it straight away to a local shop. (The gold coin not the tector). Interestingly this guy digs bottles and aint really into tectin, go figure. Now for the latest dirt. Have you heard about the

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I Heard Red Is Expecting!!! Chug

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other

I bought my first tector third hand. The machine's original owner found over 200 (That's TWO HUNDRED) IHC's in one old steamboat landing somewhere in the 1000 Islands with that tector (an old 84 Garrett FreedomII). Can you imagine the silver? This guy is a local legend, but the lastest gossip on him is that he never did aint never find no dang burm'd gold coin. :laughing9:

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Chug And Red said:

Congrats!!! So happy for you guys!

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

iCandy said:
Chug And Red said:

Congrats!!! So happy for you guys!

Guess I should have Been More Specific, She Is Getting A New Detector Next Month!!! HH Chug

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Aww....that's good. Saw Ur guys mugshot & you guys would have a food lookin kid though. I'm partial towards redheads though....my little boy is one!!

Cleetus

Oct 24, 2011
Salt Lake City, Ut.
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

The word is: Radio shack will be releasing a new model later this week. It is a 6 freq. unit, weighs only 7.5 ounces, and guaranteed to detect a copper BB buried 24".. They have been able to get the price down to an amazing $99, The Pro model will go for $105 and it sports a beer spout next to the headphone jack, that never needs refilling. The LTD PRO model makes your wifey all love-struck and doey eyed when you get home. Typically, when you have one of these detectors in your hand, she will say things like "Honey, I wish you would just quit your job and go metal detecting ALL the time" or maybe, "Oh baby, you've been using that same detector for WEEKS now, don't you think it's about time you got New one?"

gleaner1

Silver Member
Feb 1, 2009
Detector(s) used
Sometime(s)
Primary Interest:
Other

There is a killer old big ass steep sliding hill in my town, in an old park from the 1920's. People been slidin' down that hill since about 1850 maybe earlier. They close it off in the winter for sliding and put up straw bale barriers to keep the foolish little bastars from sliding out into the traffic. Sliding can be dangerous! When tectors fist come out, crappy tectors in the sixties, an old timer filled coffee cans full of silver from that site, crappy tector and all. Not good scrim, not good depth, but the BFO's were the ticket back then. Sorry, this is just a rumor I heard from another old timer. Ahhh, nothing better than old tectin war stories. I wish I were there.

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Here's one. I heard that every 200 yrs the earth/dirt only goes up 1 inch.does anyone know if this is true? If so...the depth perception on my detector sucks ash!!

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hi candy , The bloke next door works inter_state. has no kids only a wife. Noticed pizza delivery-man, postman and Milkman there everyday. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

tinpan

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tinpan said:
Hi candy , The bloke next door works inter_state. has no kids only a wife. Noticed pizza delivery-man, postman and Milkman there everyday. :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

tinpan

Tinpan.....you wouldn't happen to deliver pizza would you?? AHHHH!!! Caught ya!! :tard:

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I heard that if you actually go out side and USE a metal detector you can find stuff like old silver coins and relics. :icon_scratch: Some don't seem to grasp that concept.

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Jason in Enid said:
I heard that if you actually go out side and USE a metal detector you can find stuff like old silver coins and relics. :icon_scratch: Some don't seem to grasp that concept.
I've taught you well Jason! Btw, no metal detecting practice today, I'm busy

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

iCandy said:
tinpan said:

tinpan

Tinpan.....you wouldn't happen to deliver pizza would you?? AHHHH!!! Caught ya!! :tard:

Your jealous. Its not pizza with the lot pizza and the lot :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

tinpan want to make an order ? :-* :-* :-*

Zephyr

Nov 26, 2006

Rumor (or to some, vicious gossip) has it that many people (including some who may or may not be members here at T-Net) get into metal detecting only because they need a way to find their glasses and dentures (which they keep losing in their lawns.) Again, only a rumor I heard.... :laughing7:

bearbqd

Bronze Member
Jun 20, 2007
Shenandoah Valley
Detector(s) used
Minelab EXP II w/ Sunray X-1 probe, Garrett AT Pro/Propointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I heard that girl in Oklahoma likes dragonflies.

OP
OP
I

iCandy

Aug 19, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

@z.....lol

@bear.....only speaking for myself....dragonflies creep me out. Do like fireflys & ladybugs though

@gt.....bet I found it....remember that chili bowl looking thing? Ah ha...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread