Does anyone know if it is OK to hunt in Blue Ridge, GA? im there tomorrow..

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon
Re: Does anyone know if it is OK to hunt in Blue Ridge, GA? i'm there tomorrow..

If not, take a pole and head down to Ellijay and do some trout fishing. It just opened a few days ago.
There's some real nice streams down that way.
Newt

OP
OP
J

jbow

Sep 24, 2005
Cartersville, GA
Re: Does anyone know if it is OK to hunt in Blue Ridge, GA? i'm there tomorrow..

Newt said:
If not, take a pole and head down to Ellijay and do some trout fishing. It just opened a few days ago.
There's some real nice streams down that way.
Newt

"You bring a line and i'll bring a pole, we'll go down to the crawdad hole..."

I think my age is showing...

J :-)

Newt

Bronze Member
Dec 10, 2007
Georgia
Detector(s) used
1265X and Tejon

jbow said:
I am in Blue Ridge, GA for a couple of days and wonder if I can find somewhere to detect without getting in trouble.

Thanks!

Julien

A decent gold sluice and a shovel might pay for your trip too.
Get in a creek and dig out behind the bigger boulders.
Newt

OP
OP
J

jbow

Sep 24, 2005
Cartersville, GA

I'll pass on the digging in a creek... i'm here for a 90 minute massage and some R&R... I can swing a detector and dig targets but at 58 and with a bad back... real digging will put me out of comission.

I like relic and coin hunting... not interested in prospecting and I never sell anything I find. If I found gold i'd keep it! I mostly hunt CW relics but I know that therewont be any around here, in Blue Ridge. BR was founded in about 1880.

I live in Cassville, GA and hunt mostly Bartow, Cobb, and Fulton counties. I can go out any day and find minnies if I want, when i'm home but what I like most is hunting an old lawn that hasn't been hunted... you never know what you'll find there. My second favorite place to hunt is in "hunted out" parks with "iffy" signals... a lot of those turn out to be goodies... not much silver left though, except in those old lawns and in smaller parks.

Oh well... maybe i'll just go out and drive around until I find somewhere that looks like it has some promise.

Thanks foir the suggestions!

Julien

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions